Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good investment, I would like to know I plan on getting a few parts this month and that is on the list
here our the others if you think its a bad part please say so, and why.
All opinions welcome
The boost stick
BD duramax mainifold
Mark Deluca Propane kit
Autometer guages
Tranny upgrade of some form, any ideas welcome, leaning toward the Suncoast/ with a Mcrat converter
And stack it with another tuner, also open to ideas!

Thanks to all that respond

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Nothing against Fingers, but IMO I would go with EFILive versus a boost stick. Even tho its more expensive, you will not need a Fingers stick or Boost stick with EFILive. This summer big things are going to happen with tuning and EFILive will be an important part to taking advantage of all this tuning...

Ben

·
Registered
587 Posts
What if one doesn't have a laptop???? Then how useful is EFILive?

·
Registered
593 Posts
you could take your ecm out program it then reinstall it thats one way or a very long cord lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
You don't need a boost stick without a chip. But that is just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Boost stick alone gained something like 50 rwhp on the dyno...

one guy tested it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
This summer big things are going to happen with tuning and EFILive will be an important part to taking advantage of all this tuning...
What kind of big things? Something to do with PUSU and overheating??

·
Registered
262 Posts
My sotp only no testing just my opinion it felt like stock I lost power. My feelings.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Is it a good investment, I would like to know I plan on getting a few parts this month and that is on the list
here our the others if you think its a bad part please say so, and why.
All opinions welcome
The boost stick
BD duramax mainifold
Mark Deluca Propane kit
Autometer guages
Tranny upgrade of some form, any ideas welcome, leaning toward the Suncoast/ with a Mcrat converter
And stack it with another tuner, also open to ideas!

Thanks to all that respond
I do not see an exhaust change so no boost stick, or manifold needed. If you buy the proper tuner boost will already be raised. Tranny is a must if your going to play hard with it but figure out how hard before you spend the bucks. I ran our 2001 with 500 + RwHp and it held up fine with our single plate converter and a transgo kit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already have a full MBRP from the turbo back

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you are not going to get efi live, I would get the PPE boost controller because you can adjust how much boost you want unlike the finger stick. I think that the extra boost will help since you're going to be running propane (extra fuel). The level of your transmission upgrade depends on how much your willing to spend and how fast you want to go:cool: . I think the mcrat converter is a great choice but I would talk to Mike L. about what you use your truck for to see what converter will work best for you.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If you have removed the cat you will need to get something to get rid of the codes. All trucks I've ever looked at set the codes with the cat removed but only some (CA & NE emissions) set the light off.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I would say bite the bullet and get efi live also, you can find an old (freebee) computer to put in your garage to do efi live on and park your truck close to it and the cord will reach. it is not that bad. if you can buy an elcheapo laptop on ebay, that would work too. there are a ton of options, that are not the limiting factor. you may not get to scan without the laptop, but you can still give and recieve tunes just fine.

deffinately going to need a tranny, cause it sounds like you are getting serious.

efi live
tranny
injectors
twin turbos (joking unless you are really serious)
the edge with aditude + A2 monitor, or Banks has some kind of palm pilot thing to look at too for gauges. these make the truck fun of the street.

if you are pulling, you will need

tie rod ends
possibly a eaton E locker
traction bars
weight bar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts