Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cold start issue, and I noticed the plug on this sensor all corroded. I cleaned it and it seemed to start fine. I want to buy a new sensor and I have a new plug portion of the harness, I want to replace them both.

What is this sensor called? Where can I get one?

Info: 1992 GMC 1 ton dually, 6.5 TD/auto

Thanks in advance.

EB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Coolant Temperature Sensor

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that at the local parts house, all they could come up with under that description was the sending unit for the gauge that is located at the front of the drivers side head. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect!:ro)

I will run by the local AC delco Parts wharehouse tomorrow and check it out. If they dont have it I will swing by the dealer.

Thanks again,

EB

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where is this switch located?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
when the switch went bad on my 93 i direct wired it to a toggle switch inside the cab works great

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice to know that on the 6.5TDs they actually put this switch in an accessible location. On the 6.2L its all the way at the back passenger side (cyl. 8) where its hard to reach. Some yahoo prior owner couldnt get the wrong storebought switch (I'm guessing a C-code switch didnt fit the J-code heads, because I bought same incorrect switch before I realized I had a J-code engine) to fit on my 6.2, so he used a pipe nipple and a reducer into the side of the head to "make it fit" :cookoo: and I cant reach back there with a wrench to get the nipple out.

So now I've wired around it to a switch in the cab. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts