Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the topic says it all. You southern folks may not be able to play along unless you are very near a coast.

I'm not taking about the oddball like me driving a 40 year old Buick that should have been junked years ago or Sanford and Son's pickp. I'm taking about stuff apparently in the 10 year old range there are just tons of like to the point where you realize 9 out of 10 rust buckets you see are this model.

For me in my area I would say by far without a doubt that its the Chrysler / Dodge Caravans. There doesn't seem to be anything else even remotely close. Is that because they are pretty darn reliable so they keep running? Everything else dies before it rusts that bad?

· Registered
1,978 Posts
Anything dodge. Almost every ford truck bed(not the cabs surprisingly) and nearly 50% of anything 10+ years old...

GMC trucks seem to be doing much better the past 10 years, although they used to be close to the Ford bed issue.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

· LLY Guy
10,751 Posts
Almost every pickup truck around here over 10-15 years old has cancer around the rear wheel wells. Mine excluded :whistle:
I know there’s a Cummins Ram that I see around my daughters school that can’t be more then 6 years old and is rusted out on the bed and cab.

· Registered
2,183 Posts
Toyota pick ups. Recall those rust bucket bed fenders and the issues they had to fess up to eventually about them? What's that, you say you don't see them anymore. Yep. lol

And sorry, no rusty vehicles here, but I wanted to play. :D

· Registered
8,670 Posts
Old Toyotas are a good one I think the Datsun's where worse though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: mp06011999

· Registered
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya you go back 20-30 years stuff overall was terrible. I do think the late 70's Asian stuff was by far the worst.

I do see rusty trucks in my area but no where near as many of those as the mini vans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.