Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 classic 2500HD is comming with OOR (on off road B/W), who makes this and what model?

·
Premium Member
17,955 Posts
Odds are it is a Bridgestone Duravis 773. Not very good for Mud or Snow because it has a closed tread design at the shoulder. Looks just like a firestone Steeltex A/T.

·
Registered
57 Posts
heymccall;1593276; said:
Odds are it is a Bridgestone Duravis 773. Not very good for Mud or Snow because it has a closed tread design at the shoulder. Looks just like a firestone Steeltex A/T.
Thats what I had Duravis 773. Had them in Connecticut, frequently snowed in the winter. Had decent traction in the snow(in 4x4),drove through some pretty deep stuff in the drive and yard prior to plowing(door high). Not so good in the mud. Had to use 4x4 in the muddy yard to pull out a 18ft car hauler loaded pretty well with a 454ss half ton and some odds and ends. On a really muddy day I had to use 4x4 just to turn around(talk about disappointed in the traction). I would say they gave a pretty decent ride on the road(245/75/16's). Put 44,000K (at least 15000k pulling a trailer) on them before I moved to the Bridgestone Revo's E rated. Probably would have got some more mileage on them but skipped some rotations. Noticed when pulling alot it really made them wear faster. Thats just my side of the coin.
Since I am in California for a while thought about buying them again because I did like the ride quality and the fact I had a nail in one of them for the last 15000K and never lost any air or had it repaired. But the fact that they look like little dough-nuts epically with some wear on them I was convinced other wise.:ro)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how is the Duravis 773 on highway, high speed? Since according to tire rack they are only Q rated, I'm wondering if it will hold up mostly highway 700 miles per week?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine lasted about 19k,mixed driving.hit the wear bars at 16k.They were ok in the snow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
did more than a few trips on the d-max on the 773s from connecticut to ohio, michigan, cali, Penn. I opinion about highway manners (65-85mph)is for the first 15K or so They gave what I thought was a supurb ride, from then on to the 44k (I put 25k on in the first 3 months)mark where I replaced them I thought the ride began to degrade a little. But Not so much as to complain about. No idea if thats normal, but tires wear and thats what they did. Just my opion.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Who cares what it comes with....most guys will swap it right out for a 265 or 285.....i still can't believe that gm send these trucks off the line with the pizza cutters on them...they should take a hint from dodge...

·
Registered
492 Posts
A hint from Dodge?

Wasnt it just a year or two ago that Dodges were coming with 225/75x16s or some crap like that?!!!!

Maybe GM will catch up to the times...if not, thats where personalizing comes into play!:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts