Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been noticing a chirping noise when im driving is that my turbo leting air out?/

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I don't think so

You'll have to be a little more descriptive like when it happens,accelerating,decelerating etc.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Could be the serpentine belt and/or the tensioner. I heard mine yesterday while driving.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Air conditioner compressor.

34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its wen i accelerate its just a little chirp but can definetly hear it

·
Registered
490 Posts
Turn the air off. Bet it goes away.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Could be anything mentioned above involving the serpentine belt accessories or tensioner.There have been a few tensioners go bad.Mine wobbles pretty good but is quiet

How many miles and is the belt oringinal?A new belt maybe all you need

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
My tensioner gives a little chirping when the truck first fires up, but then goes away once it warms up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I noticed the same chirping noise,it is very slight,if you turn the radio all the way down,when accelerating I can hear a light chirping noise.I took mine to the dealer,and to my amazement,they couldn't duplicate the problem.They said they put on a new serpentine belt.So i took matters into my own hands,i went out and bought a new Gatorback belt,when i put that on,there was never-sieze on the belt and on the pulleys.Cleaned them all up,put the new belt on,still have the noise,most noticable between 1400-2000 RPM.I even took out a new LBZ with Allison and i heard it on that one too.I might try a cat back system,it seems to be coming from the turbo b/c its not following RPM seems to be following boost.I was thinking adding the exhaust and getting rid of the restrictive muffler might do the trick.Glad to hear somebody else is hearing the noise also,but on a 35000 dollar truck ?? Let me know if you figure it out Real trucks and i will do the same.

Fred

34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one of the guys said since i have a chip in it the turbo has to let out the compressed air so i guess that means bigger turbo??!!..

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The turbo will bark if you have your foot pretty dip in it and jump out of the throttle real quick.

Not good to make a habit of.

I don't think this is what you are referencing although

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also have a chirping sound. It happens inbetween acceleration and deacceleration. If I bring the pedal either up or down it will go away. I don't remember it being so promenent before as it has been in the last couple of months. My truck had 43,000 miles on it. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.