Diesel Place banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father and I share a name here. I have spent a lot of time on this site day after day of research and reading, hoping that one day I to will own a duramax. Well the time may have come. My dad is looking to sell his truck for a knew duramax and I really want to buy it from him. My question for you guys(and Gals) is what you think shes worth. Here she is:

2001 silverado CC/SB-roughly 46,000 babied miles-Look for the sig for mods-The exterior is immaculate to this day, I was the trucks car taker for the past 4 years so I know every imperfection with this truck-The truck sits for most of the winter months and is not driven in inclimate weather/rain(with the exception of a few times)-I know all the service records on the vehicle because I did it myself-it did tow a fifth wheel a handful of times but thats about it.

What do you guys think shes worth. Like I said, I really would like to make this work but I need to know what realistic number to bring to the table when it comes time to talk money.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Ide say 18-20k.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tell ure dad you'll give him ten grand for it, and you'll wash and maintain his new one for him! ...Hope he goes for it!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know that he will go for that Mike. Is it out of line giving 20k for it?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Not in my opinion. That is a low mileage, seemingly well kept and taken care of vehicle. If I were shopping, I'd probably buy at that price. (Gave a little less than that for the truck in my sig with ~79K miles, though)

Good luck

·
Registered
369 Posts
Knowing the history of the truck as well as you do is worth a lot, that is if you intend to keep it for a while.

·
Registered
338 Posts
get youer dad to go to a couple of deaiers and get a price on it foryradein or blue book price then give him a thuosad or two more. you know the truck so you know if thier are any problrms with it, and youer dad should have better barganing power with no trade in . just my 02 worth

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot guys. This is all great info. I like the dealer idea. Ill keep you posted and let you know if it all goes down and I get my long awaited duramax. Thanks

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
youre lookin at over 15 grrrrr for it

·
Registered
816 Posts
I thought this might be a picture of a female:lol:

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Check Kelly Bluebook here: http://www.kbb.com/

I ran a quick check and had to guess at option content 'cause you didn't give much, but I came up with these numbers. Use them only as a guide.

Here is what I used:

Vehicle Details

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Pickup HD Crew Cab Short Bed

Engine: V8 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD
Mileage: 46,000

Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)

Selected Optional Equipment
LS
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Cruise Control
Cassette
Multi Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Running Boards
Hard Tonneau Cover
Bed Liner
Towing Pkg
Alloy Wheels
Wide Tires

Private Party Value:
CONDITION
Excellent: $24,925
Good: $23,545
Fair: $21,665

Trade-In Value:
CONDITION
Excellent: $21,350
Good: $20,150
Fair: $18,015

Hopefully your dad will see that you helped him maintain the value of the truck and will give you a break in the selling price.:)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
693 Posts
although getting a KBB price nowadays is like throwing a wet dog 6 feet( just made that up :) )

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
tell your dads to be a nice guy and just to give it to you that is what i would do

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Private Party Value:
CONDITION
Excellent: $24,925
Good: $23,545
Fair: $21,665

Trade-In Value:
CONDITION
Excellent: $21,350
Good: $20,150
Fair: $18,015
Wow, good guess Manny.

:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
that truck up here sells for about 20 -21000 it is hard to find a low mileage d/a. good luck

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Let the dealer low ball him on trade in, and then offer him that amount.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts