Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would post here as well since the kodiak section doesnt get much traffic... :D

Please give me your thoughts, i might trade my 05 3500 along with cash for this... Thanks

2005 Chevrolet 4500 Kodiak 2WD
Under 5000 miles (In Dec. maybe 7000 now?) , Duramx LLY/Allison tranny, $36k+ in aftermarket upfit. Western Hauler bed. Full high quality leather interior, Large TV with custom dash and center console, built in radar dector, reverse camera that shows entire bed, rear seat converts into bed, air ride, air seats, Kenwood DVD/CD/NAV, Kenwood speakers inside. 105 gallon fuel tank on the rear as well along with the stock 40 gallon under the truck as well... 145 total gallon capacity. Limo lighting in the ceiling of interior. LED lights for all rear lights as well with chrome bezels. Exhaust brake. Painted mirrors. Very clean and garage kept.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Looks like it would be a great tow rig for big toys. That truck is awesome. Good luck with the decision. If I was in a position to make it happen and had a need like you do, I would definately do it. Looks like that truck can handle just about anything you throw at it. Good Luck

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What do you guys think its worth? Im looking to buy...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i would say low- mid 40's. as a comparison i ALMOST bought a 4x4 4500 crew cab pickup bed with some nice options and the ywere gonna sell it to me for 48-49k.sticker was 60k. if gas wasnt $2.50+ i'd be ridin in it :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
not to nock the truck....because it looks great. but.... I tow a 50ft inclosed car trailer with my 04.5 3500 crewcab longbed D/A. GCVW is about 32k.

Ive been looking at these trucks (4500's) and for the price im kind of leaning away from them. Are they not the same drivetrain as my truck, just a bigger truck around it? Seems to me that would be a step down for me. I understand the handling would be better....but would be a step down in power (more mass to move)

The only thing really holding me back upgrading to something like a m2 class freightliner is insurance. I cant find anything but comm. insurance for it.
I think what im going to do is buy a toterhome.... plenty of size and power, plus they are classed as a RV so insurance is easy and less hassles on the road (no longer CDL required, no more stoping for weight checks).

just my 2cents on it.

Good luck on the truck....it looks great

Derek

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The giy was telling me that this had a sticker of 82K

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
The giy was telling me that this had a sticker of 82K
The aftermarket upgrades have depreciated at least 50%, and the truck is used, albeit nice.

I agree with the mid $40s estimate above.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Probably 40ish. Like BudTX said, you lose all the value once you drive it off the lot and it doesn't matter what they paid to have it done. However, it has lots of bling value and if you can't get laid in a rig like that then somethings not right!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So how much would you guys offer along with the 05 3500 in my sig? As in trading my truck AND cash for his truck?

Thanks for all the help so far!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts