Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LIMP???????? WHEN YOU GUYS EXPERIENCE THIS WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENS?? DOES YOUR TRANNY JUST GO TO NEUTRAL, OR DOES IT SLIP SO TO SPEAK OR WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENS?? THE REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE FROM TIME TO TIME MY TRUCK WILL NOT REV OVER 2000 RPM AT ALL ITS LIKE ITS GOVERNED AT 2OOO. IF I PUSH ON THE THROTTLE AND TRY TO GO ABOVE 2000 THE TRANNY JUST DOWN SHIFtS LIKE I WOULD THINK IT SHOULD NORMALLY DO IN REALATION THE THE THROTTLE POSITION. THE TRANNY NEVER SLIPS THAT I CAN FEEL, BUT IT COULD BE. IS THIS WHAT ANY OF YOU ARE SEEING?? ALSO IT ONLY DOES THIS WHEN IM DRIVING THE HELL OUT OF IT. --------THATS WHY I THINK MAYBE ITS THE LIMP THAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT

I POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD AND HAVENT GOTTEN ANY RESPONSE. ALLITECH DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS SYMPTOM??? THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ONE WHEN THIS HAPPENS BUT I HAVENT GOTTEN A CHANCE TO GET THE CODES READ. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE AN ENGINE OR TRANNY PROBLEM TO YOU??

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
In limp mode, the tranny will only have 3rd and reverse. It will not shift out of these ranges, usually it can be cleared by cycling the key. You may have other issues with yours PG. Get the codes read and report back

Eric

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Who gets reverse in limp ?? Are you a lucky one ??

Your problem is IMO is your powering down albeit reduced power via ECM .... Changed your fuel filter lately ?? Just an assumption ,listen to Mr Goodwrench ,he the Man ,get the codes Nut !!!

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
448 Posts
Overboost will do that I believe
at least on mine it doesEdited by: a64pilot

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Where can we get peanut oil? Do we need to add ethanol to it or run it straight?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO NEED TO ADD ADDITIVES TO THE NUT OIL
. IT DOESNT ACT LIKE ITS LOOSING POWER REALLY ITS JUST GOVERNED AT 2000. ILL GET THE CODES READ AND GET TO YA,

·
Registered
365 Posts
Peanutgrwr,

I have been in "limp" mode many times. In fact, just yesterday. In that mode the maximum RPM is around 1,200, NOT 2,000.

2,000rpm would run me close to 70mph. I'm not sure what limp mode speed is as it's always a panic to get saftely out of traffic and off the road. My guess is it's about 15mph.

It doesn't seem to me you have been experiencing "limp mode".

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOPE NO CODES, BUT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS STILL ON IN MY NEWLY INSTALLED ESCALADE GUAGE CLUSTER
ILL TRY TO GET THE CODES PULLED TODAY. NUT HARVEST IS KICKING OFF AND IM KINDA BUSY

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
COULDNT GET THE CODES READ TODAY. THE LOCAL MECHANIC WITH A SCAN TOOL WANTS $25 TO READ THE CODES. AND THAT TAPS INTO MY BEER FUND SO TO HELL WITH IT TILL GET TO MY BUDDYS PLACE THAT HAS A SCAN TOOL. BUT THE IT HASNT ACTED UP IN THE PAST FEW DAYS

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
One thing that might be possible is the NSBU is failing. If it thinks the truck is in Nuetral it should limit rpm to 2000.. Do you have the Tan switch or the Black switch on your trans?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IT WAS REPLACED ABOUT 60 DAYS AGO. I REPLACED IT MY SELF BUT DONT REMEMBER WHICH ONE IT IS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts