Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
About a 1/4 ton...

Ok, I think its one more leaf in the rear, on the older body style the 3500 swr had bigger tires....

·
Registered
552 Posts
the 3500 has a set of overload springs and that is all. buy a set of air ride bags and voila you have a 3500. just dont try to argue that with the dot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not real sure with GM, but I had a F-250 and a F-350
There was 500 lbs difference in the load handling capbilities, so 1/4 ton and to me rougher ride and two more tires to wear out, bear in mind that was on Ford

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thousands of part numbers different. I've had both trucks at the same time. Actually found the 2500 to be stiffer ride than the 3500 dually. As for towing, no comparison at max load. Lane changing at speed is very stable with the dually. Side winds the same over the 2500. Trucks are built for different uses. What ever fits your criteria. 2500 better mileage than 3500 dually in stock form. Both my trucks were and are 4X4's.

·
Registered
199 Posts
1200 lbs according to the book

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2008 one ton SRW LTZ has one extra spring which acts like a overload and doesn't come into play until it has a heavy load in it. It rides the same as a 3/4 ton when empty. The one ton was less money than the 3/4 ton when I bought it 'cause there was no advertizing fee charged on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2008 one ton SRW LTZ has one extra spring which acts like a overload and doesn't come into play until it has a heavy load in it. It rides the same as a 3/4 ton when empty. The one ton was less money than the 3/4 ton when I bought it 'cause there was no advertizing fee charged on it.

What he said. That what the dealer told me anyway. I wanted a 3/4 but all they had was a 1 ton in in my selections

·
Registered
305 Posts
Your able to get a plow put on a 3500, but not a 2500. Tell me what the deal is with that. I have a crew cab long bed and they won't do it.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Your able to get a plow put on a 3500, but not a 2500. Tell me what the deal is with that. I have a crew cab long bed and they won't do it.
why cant you put a ploy on a 2500?? many members here have plows on their 2500's

back to the orginal topic: 2 more leafs on each side, wider rims

·
Registered
471 Posts
Maybe not from GM. But got to Boss or anywere else were they make plows and they will have a receiver from you. I guarantee it. I know of many guys with 2500 that have plows.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was told that the 3500 had a different drive train all together (aside from the dually). All I saw was an extra leaf in the rear.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I was told that the 3500 had a different drive train all together (aside from the dually). All I saw was an extra leaf in the rear.
drive train is the same except for the larger axle tubes in the 3500's

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
my 3500 srw kicks ass. only difference is more leafs

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, and those two extra leafs make a big difference in stiffness. I can bounce the back of my 3/4HD pretty good with just my body weight where as my brother's SRW 3500 can barely be pushed on with my weight. I was actually surprised to how easily I could push down on my HD in the rear. Plus the thick bottom leaf on my brother's 3500 looks thicker than mine to.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was hoping for more but will settle for just one more spring. LOL I do agree with it costing a little less and this being my 4th D-Max I sure do love it!!

Thanks for the inf.

·
Registered
147 Posts
These are 1 tons!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts