Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hope you guys dont mind my little story and keep calling for the Valentinesday week long sale, but it was such a moral delema. As a supporter of the Diesel Place I hope we can still be friends. lol

Today Im at the car wash, its like 55 degrees in Pittsburgh today and sunny. Thats kinda strange in February. Anyway, one of you guys called and I had to steer you towards Larry at the shop. I get done with the wash and head towards the shop. The first light I come to is red. I stop and start calling Larry to make sure the guy got ahold of him and what do my eyes see? You know those Dear Penthouse stories you hear about and its totally to good to be true? Well as the phone is ringing a clean white convertable (with the top down side windows up) Corvette pulls up next to me. This is the part where everyone goes BOOOO, but thats ok. Im in my 05 F350 6.0L SCT custom tune, Airaid Air box and 4" Bullydog straight pipes. I want to put the truck into 4X4 and mash on it. He wouldnt be able to resist and is not aware that he would never catch me. Hes just sitting there in his country club ball cap, trendy vest white long sleve shirt and sunglasses totally unaware of my intentions. Larry is not answering the phone! I need some guidence on this here thing about to go down. All I really wanted to do is put a huge cloud of thick Diesel smoke into that 1 or 2 year old vette! The light turns green and we drive away and Larry finally picks up the phone. Click!

What if.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I havent read that our experienced that. I have done it. Im sure lots of guys here have done it with there D-max also. Red light to red light in 4X4 the launch is just too much for a mustang or a vette. In a quarter mile Im not sure. My Furd runs low 13's for now. I dont think a stock vette is in the 13's. It would probably be close in the longer run of a quarter mile though.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
A few year old vette will run around a 13 flat with most drivers on street tires. Or thats what I saw at the track generaly anyway. A new vette is MUCH faster.

I tried to keep from smoking people that did nothing to deserve it. If they are an awhole then it was on and if they wanted to race then there was no helping it.....but to smoke someone thats driving normal and minding thier own biz for the sake of smoking em? Just isnt a good idea IMO

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah Im glad I didnt do it, but that would be funny.....if it didnt happen to me.:)
Yes I figured it would be close in a quarter mile.
After I put the ARP head studs in it I may go with bigger injectors and some propane and a bigger Turbo...I dont know its too new. I would like it to last awhile. Im probably not heading in that direction,

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
A few year old vette will run around a 13 flat with most drivers on street tires. Or thats what I saw at the track generaly anyway. A new vette is MUCH faster.

I tried to keep from smoking people that did nothing to deserve it. If they are an awhole then it was on and if they wanted to race then there was no helping it.....but to smoke someone thats driving normal and minding thier own biz for the sake of smoking em? Just isnt a good idea IMO
I agree,You probably shouldn't smoke innocent bystanders even though I have :eek:: . I'll give you an example of someone asking for it. I pulled onto the main street in Ft.Collins CO on Sat night and some ricer apparently came hauling a$$ up behind and I apparently cut him off.When I pulled out there was no one close.Any way he pulls up beside me and yells to my buddy "What the Censored F*** are you doing 'Brother' ".{No offence,but he was obviously a colored guy} For some reason it pissed me off. So I eased up beside his open window and thanked him for being an a$$. ):h ):h

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I agree,You probably shouldn't smoke innocent bystanders even though I have :eek:: . I'll give you an example of someone asking for it. I pulled onto the main street in Ft.Collins CO on Sat night and some ricer apparently came hauling a$$ up behind and I apparently cut him off.When I pulled out there was no one close.Any way he pulls up beside me and yells to my buddy "What the Censored F*** are you doing 'Brother' ".{No offence,but he was obviously a colored guy} For some reason it pissed me off. So I eased up beside his open window and thanked him for being an a$$. ):h ):h
:grd: :lol:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Good job. :ro)

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I have smoked tons of innocents by accident and even more jack holes....and then there are the poor people that got sooted becasue some jackhole in front of em was being a moron.....but its like war....there are bound to be collateral damage :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The only way you would win is if he was not in the race.

I own a C5 Vette and have run it against my truck.

My truck will stay with the Vette up till about 70 and then the Vette will just walk away.

Its had to beat a 4x4 launch but the aerodynamics of the Vette will slip right past your brick at speed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would say according to any site, PSD would of been killed.
13.2 is 13.2 no matter what kind of truck your in right? If they would only put a Cummins engine in a Ford we might have world peace! It would be a perfect world then. Heck Bin Laden may even come out of hiding. Heck with the Camel I want one of those Fords with a Cummins in it. lol
Yes Nate I agree thats what I was trying to say before.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol

Would that be considered Friendly fire? or an exceptable loss?:lol:
We just got the news today from SCT that they will be supporting the Duramax 99 and newer within the next 30 days. That should mean custom tuning like TC lock up and things like that. They have provin to be a excelant tuner for the Ford stuff hopefully that will go aswell for the GM trucks

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
duramax came out in 2001 modle year trucks. 6.5's before that :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok then he did say duramax that was 01. Im thinking PSD 99. We just had a big sale on them this past week. Repatition ya know. Its like that song you just cant get out of your head.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
13.2 is 13.2 no matter what kind of truck your in right? If they would only put a Cummins engine in a Ford we might have world peace! It would be a perfect world then. Heck Bin Laden may even come out of hiding. Heck with the Camel I want one of those Fords with a Cummins in it. lol
Yes Nate I agree thats what I was trying to say before.
How bout posting a copy of your time slips???:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.