Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could get silicone hose kits similar to the pic attached made for the duramax's ????

How many would be interested in purchasing them???

(just trying to get a number here)

thanks

Shannon

Edited by: Shannon

·
Registered
353 Posts
Shannon,

I am NOT being a smart butt here, Just ignorant..

What would the advantage be to using these hoses? Would they be for all the hoses in the engine compartment?

Radiator, heater, etc

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they would be for the boost hoses, radiator hoses, heater hoses,

the benefits: these hoses can withstand temperatures of -76 to well over 428 degrees. they also have excellent resistance to UV, water, ozone and oxygen. the boost hoses conform and seal better thus eliminating leaks. these hoses will not blow off like the factory hoses do. and they also add that "finished" look to the engine compartment.

Edited by: Shannon

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I wonder how many people have bown their stock intercooler lines off? i can only think of one... they look neat... are they baby blue???

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'll take a set! Too damned sexy to pass up!

Had blue hoses on my 88 gasser, I think they were BFG. NEVER had a hose problem after installing them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The only time I've heard of having problems with the turbo hose, was when a clamp came undone or broke. My neighbor had a problem with his motorhome going to Texas, broken clamp. He said it was miserable to drive without the turbo, got a clamp at a truck stop and that solved the problem. Then the guy in the office next to me was on a trip to Florida with the high school band. A brand new Greyhound bus with only about 5000 miles on it had a clamp on the turbo that apparently came loose. He said that particular bus couldn't keep up with the others in the group and kept falling back. When they stopped for lunch the drivers were looking over the busses and found it, fixed it and had no other problems.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'd be interested if the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, but will there be warranty issues?

·
Registered
398 Posts
What about A price? I might be interested.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont have a price yet. the manufacturer just wanted me to get a number of people that would be interested.

Shannon

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I would be interested. What would be even cooler is to replace the shoddy looking metal tubes we have now with some sweet looking polished stainless tubes.

Either way, the stockers look like crap.

·
Registered
398 Posts
BMDMAX said:
I would be interested. What would be even cooler is to replace the shoddy looking metal tubes we have now with some sweet looking polished stainless tubes.

Either way, the stockers look like crap.

Wonder if we could get them chromed?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds great!! But as usual it depends on the $$$.

And THANKS for answering my ignorant question..

Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm interested. I ran these in my last truck (Z-71) and they were great. They lasted 10 years in the hot AZ desert without any issues, even when having the R&R them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts