Diesel Place banner
6021 - 6032 of 6032 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Ugh. I just spent the money I said I wouldn’t. I bought a Fluidampr and a Leroy billet pulley. Got a fairly good deal on the Fluidampr…$475 shipped. Add the $210 shipped for the pulley and that’s $685 to upgrade from crap factory parts on my daily K3500. I just picked up a used Heath Diesel exhaust the other day and a GL4 chipped ECM with the matching turbomaster for the 95 Suburban. I might have to part with something now.

Sent from purgatory

· Premium Member
5,223 Posts
The fluidampr is definitely not cheap.They are over $1000 cdn bucks on Amazon from what I’ve seen.There’s no way I’d pay a grand on one of those.It’ll be acdelco or nothing at this point.The acdelco balancers I have now on my engines don’t have much mileage on them so they should last me quite a long time.I still have one new acdelco balancer left I can use if I ever run into trouble.

Reactions: OkDually

· Registered
24 Posts
Today I drove the one hour trip into town (in a difference vehicle), to get some new stainless braided oil cooler lines. The old ones started a rather excessive leak right after switching from t5 15-40 to t6 5-40 for winter. Who ever replaced on the original lines did a poor job and allowed them to rub on the front skid plate. This caused them to wear through and dump 1 litre of oil in 150kms!! Shortest oil change I have ever done. I also replaced the old shifter cable that was beginning to get pretty stiff.
Next on the list: new lift pump, flush heater core, find the voltage drop which I think is in the head light wiring.

Edit: to add glow plugs to the list. She starts up great more often then not, but seems to leg a big right above the freezing mark when the air is really humid.

· Premium Member
887 Posts
Picked up the 94s new transmission. Just getting everything ordered for the install now.

Attachments

· Premium Member
5,223 Posts
Picked up the 94s new transmission. Just getting everything ordered for the install now.
Nice👍Must be a remanufactured unit is it?

· Premium Member
887 Posts
2009 6L90E from a express 4500 diesel, 48,000 miles on it.

· Premium Member
5,223 Posts
6L90 is a good unit.I did a partial rebuild on one of those a couple years ago.I installed a new front pump with bell housing and new GM torque converter.It was from a 2015 4500 cutaway van with 6.0 gas engine.

· Premium Member
887 Posts
This came from a scrapped government vehicle purchased through eBay from some folks north of Chicago. Interesting the case has 13 stamped into the sides. Has a ZF-Sachs torque converter. The place I got it from only buys from municipalitys that have dealer serviced fleets. I'm kinda thinking this might been a replacement unit.

Reactions: dieselolds

· Registered
297 Posts
Ordered a brand new GM transmission dipstick from Gmpartsgiant, part# 15996922....less than 30 bucks shipped....cheaper than ebay. The old one kept randomly popping out of the tube....locking mechanism was shot.....was worried about crap getting in there so got a new one.

Just checked RA.....2 dollars cheaper....oh well.....

· Registered
299 Posts
Bought a Chinese wintech2 scanner/programmer and a laptop to run it. I’ll post up when it gets here and when I get it up and running…. If it actually works. . I need it for my Buddy’s vortec 350 food truck anyway. Just hoping it’ll work with the 6.5 also. It should…but a lot of shoulds don’t pan out.

Sent from purgatory

· Premium Member
5,223 Posts
Bought a Chinese wintech2 scanner/programmer and a laptop to run it. I’ll post up when it gets here and when I get it up and running…. If it actually works. . I need it for my Buddy’s vortec 350 food truck anyway. Just hoping it’ll work with the 6.5 also. It should…but a lot of shoulds don’t pan out.

Sent from purgatory
Yes that’s true just like I’ve heard the phrase “the truck is mint” but there are 10 versions of mint…lol.

6021 - 6032 of 6032 Posts