Diesel Place banner
5961 - 5967 of 5967 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
643 Posts
If it is only one cylinder check out sleeving that cylinder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
With the high fuel prices. i have been doing things to improve Mileage.
Took off my Mud terrains and put on highway tires. 285x17
Aligned the front end for best fuel mileage.
Cleaned my air filter
Checked fuel system tank to IP.
Changed oil Rotella T6
Changed Trans, xfer case fluid, front and rear diffs to synthetic
Removed lumber racks.
Installed the stock front air dam I removed many years ago.
Should help a lot. Just switching out to highway tires gives me 2-3 MPG on the freeway.
Havent checked mileage. But boost pressures going down the highway are 1-2 lbs lower now. That was my goal .
Less air= less fuel.
If you think your fuel prices are high, try the UK for size. Diesel is currently $11.25 a gallon and still going up! 😱

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,091 Posts
If you think your fuel prices are high, try the UK for size. Diesel is currently $11.25 a gallon and still going up! 😱
Our diesel prices are crazy too.About $11 a gallon here as well in places.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well my driver door got to where it couldn't be opened from the inside.....so today I tore the door apart to see what was going on. Turned out the handle was cracked and not allowing the rod to move far enough to release the latch. Autozone had a Dorman replacement for 25 bucks....was even the right color so I put it on. Also reshaped the rod a little bit to make it shorter...now the door opens easily with less travel on the handle. Waiting for the passenger side to go next......

·
Registered
247 Posts
Our diesel prices are crazy too.About $11 a gallon here as well in places.
Damn....almost 400 dollars to fill up a 35 gallon tank....plum crazy.

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,091 Posts
It’s crazy here all over.Also can’t get rotella T6 anyplace anymore.I guess south of the border has the same problem too.I’ve since stocked up on rotella 30W before that disappears altogether.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well what I did was nothing good but isn't any thing major. Had to pull a small tree out of the ground today. Tried using the tow hooks to hook the chain to but discovered that I cant loop a chain through them because of the impact bumpers on the bumper block access to them. Who with GM thought that would be a good idea. Anyway just turned the truck around and wrapped the chain around the ball. I know it's not made for that but it was a small tree maybe 2 in in diameter and just tapping the throttle lightly pulled it out of the ground. Went to park and was backing up not paying full attention to where I was and backed right into the lifting post of a dumpster. So I have a nice dent right below my tail light. I was worried that I took out the tail light. Right now I rather have a dent then have to replace the tail light.

5961 - 5967 of 5967 Posts