·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,125 Posts
Reactions: 56pan and OkDually

·
Registered
1984 C30 DRW, 454 to 6.2 swapped, 1996 K1500 Suburban, 6.5/NV4500 swapped
226 Posts
Did the 4 high beam headlight mod and prepped the burban for her new Holset HE351. Hopefully it quits snowing now, lol.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Did my taxes and totaled my receipts and I spent around $9000 to drive 8500 miles with my truck in upgrades maintenance and fuel.

• Wow
Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
852 Posts
Should be a better and more reliable truck now though. Drive into a GM dealer and check the window stickers. And your body style just flat looks better than the new trucks. Just my .02.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Picked up something to put behind it....
Now I can get rid of my "homemade" 14' trailer and tow vehicles without worrying about the tar guards pulling me over... and it has hidden ramps and a winch. Luxury.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
652 Posts
Well, in the past few weeks I have been getting Big Blue, my 96 K1500 Suburban swap sorted out and finished up. So far, I replaced the turned up 6.2 injector pump with a rebuilt 4911 pump, marine injectors, 120 amp alternator, and tonight swapped out the copper 6.5 radiator I had for a new all aluminum radiator. Took her for a longish road trip last weekend, about 500 miles and averaged around 23 MPG. Next project is to install the Holset HX35 turbo I picked up last weekend. So far I couldn't be more pleased with the swap, and been getting a lot of compliments on the swap.
Good old mechanical injection.

Reactions: 56pan

·
Registered
1984 C30 DRW, 454 to 6.2 swapped, 1996 K1500 Suburban, 6.5/NV4500 swapped
226 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ordered the special fuel inlet fitting for the db2 IP, 7/16 x24tpi is surpisingly hard to find here in Norway. Quadstar tuning wanted 90$ in shipping for a 10$ part.
Asked my machinist aquaintance to also fabricobble something together in his free time, it's installed now in the truck.

Pure overkill in steel, but at least I can mount the AN6 adapter now, I don't wanna go back there again to fix a potential leak so AN fittings is the only viable option.
I'll throw some pictures here of the 1st trial fitting where we hoped we could get by with a 7/16 x 20tpi tap, but it didn't pan out as it eate some threads when attempted to install it.

Reactions: Babin Farms

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Close-up

Attachments

Reactions: Babin Farms

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
First start in 2 years with DB2 fleabay swap

Reactions: OkDually and 56pan

·
Registered
228 Posts
Did an oil change yesterday and topped off the brake fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant.... all have leaks.... and today I went and picked up a fridge.... I've got a long list of things to fix with the warmer weather coming up.... front axles, front driveshaft, e brake cable, rear brakes, all brake lines, hydro boost, front wheel bearings/abs sensors, heater core and hoses, hvac system... wish me luck!

·
Registered
84 K30 CUCV 6.2, 98 Suburban 6.5, 99 Suburban 6.5, 06 Ram 5.9
58 Posts
Good luck!!

Sounds like your completely capable of handling it all.

The HVAC stuff is fun. LOL.. I replaced the entire front and rear system in my Suburban last summer. Amazing the difference it makes!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,125 Posts
Last week I put a new driver side front fender on my 96 gmc truck.A few months ago one of the outriggers on a cat backhoe lightly pushed in the fender on the end toward the grill and of course broke the grill as well but I had a few aerosol cans of paint custom blended to match but it’s a little darker than the rest of the truck but should fade as time goes on.

The grill is also fixed now.I did a pretty good job on it.With the help of some permatex plastic epoxy it’s all back in place.The grill was a new full chrome piece from eBay that I bought a year ago.I’ll take a few pictures later and see what you guys think.

Reactions: 56pan and OkDually

·
Registered
852 Posts
Did an oil change yesterday and topped off the brake fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant.... all have leaks.... and today I went and picked up a fridge.... I've got a long list of things to fix with the warmer weather coming up.... front axles, front driveshaft, e brake cable, rear brakes, all brake lines, hydro boost, front wheel bearings/abs sensors, heater core and hoses, hvac system... wish me luck!

Is it the front seal on the pwr. steering pump leaking, Manta?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nope, it's the hydro boost. I just keep filling it. I'll probably replace the pump too, since I ran it dry a couple times....oh well. I have a spare hydro boost that I bought a rebuild kit for. I'll rebuild it, just to make sure, and install that one and maybe rebuild the old one and sell it.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,125 Posts
Nope, it's the hydro boost. I just keep filling it. I'll probably replace the pump too, since I ran it dry a couple times....oh well. I have a spare hydro boost that I bought a rebuild kit for. I'll rebuild it, just to make sure, and install that one and maybe rebuild the old one and sell it.

I had a hydro boost leak as well with fluid running downward inside the cab onto the floormat on a 87 6.2 truck I used to own.I had to constantly keep the system full.This was some 25 yrs ago.I only had that particular truck 2 yrs and sold it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My old 6.2 Jimmy only leaked at the rear main seal. Had it replaced at the dealership and they replaced it with the old rope seal. It started leaking almost 10000 miles later. Brought it in at about 9700 miles after after diagnosing the leak, they scheduled me 2 weeks out. When I brought it back I was over the 10000 miles and they refused to cover it. I complained to chevy and they did nothing. I was not pleased.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sounds like a place no-one is going back for a second visit.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That was back in like 96....I was commuting from Columbia, SC to Charleston, SC for a summer job while I was in college. The place was in Charleston... don't remember the name. But they definitely sucked. I even had the printed estimate showing the mileage and that the rear main seal was leaking before the warranty was up. If I hadn't been some dumb college kid, I would have known to follow it up more after getting denied the first time.

5901 - 5920 of 5980 Posts