Diesel Place banner
5861 - 5880 of 5887 Posts

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
Not sure about the Delphi FD0009.....according to the Acdelco specs, the EP158 max pressure is 14 PSI and min pressure is 9.5. The EP309 is the one listed for a 1995....max pressure 8 PSI and min pressure 6 PSI. My underhood fuel pressure gauge is real close to 14 PSI static for the EP158. It is mounted in-line between FFM and IP.
Rockauto says it’s 12 psi for the FD0009 according to the info on the item when you click on it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Rockauto says it’s 12 psi for the FD0009 according to the info on the item when you click on it.
I see that....and the Delphi they list for a 1995 (FD0031) is listed as 7 PSI......about the same as the EP309.....so it looks like the Delphi models are very similar to their Acdelco counterparts, and if not made in China may actually be better....who knows.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
229 Posts
After googling Delphi and Acdelco it looks like they are both manufactured overseas.....mostly in China....from what I was able to find.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
After googling Delphi and Acdelco it looks like they are both manufactured overseas.....mostly in China....from what I was able to find.
Your probably right on the money.That’s the way it looks nowadays.Not much of anything American made anymore.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
The few packs of injector shims arrived from Germany today by diesel-parts9000.I have to say they are definitely the real deal.Definitely not inferior pieces.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Drove it around with the new flatbed on there. Definitely a different feel. Now I just have to decide if I'm mounting the old toolboxes along the sides, or a jobox up front, or ....
I need to look into a set of short stake sides...
I'm about to go replace the driver inner door handle because, of course, it broke. Luckily, the new one has been sitting in the cab for months.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
The fuel pressure gauges from Amazon arrived yesterday so I’ll probably get a chance soon to get that installed on my 96 gmc truck.At least I’ll finally be able to monitor fuel pressure whenever I need to.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The fuel pressure gauges from Amazon arrived yesterday so I’ll probably get a chance soon to get that installed on my 96 gmc truck.At least I’ll finally be able to monitor fuel pressure whenever I need to.
Will you have a gauge in the cab, or underhood only....like for diagnostics?

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
Will you have a gauge in the cab, or underhood only....like for diagnostics?
I’ll keep it under the hood for diagnostic purposes I think.I’m going to put it between the secondary fuel filter and the hose leading into the injection pump.I’m not using the turbo power covers anymore so I’m thinking of using two rubber isolator clamps and bolt each clamp to two unused holes where the turbo power cover bolts used to be on the driver side area of the intake and the fuel pressure gauge will be in the middle.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Jewellery
I used one of these from Advance Auto.....mounted in-line on fuel hose from FFM to IP.....seems to work well, needle bounces some with the engine running....lifetime warranty.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
View attachment 647932 I used one of these from Advance Auto.....mounted in-line on fuel hose from FFM to IP.....seems to work well, needle bounces some with the engine running....lifetime warranty.
Looks good👍I’ll post a few pictures of how everything looks when I get the gauge in place.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
563 Posts

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
Usually they are cheap at rockauto too.Might be the same there perhaps?When I looked it up it showed $65 cdn currency for the Delphi pump.

Reactions: LinePilot

·
Registered
1995 GMC Seirra K-3500 srw 4wd 6.5 turbo diesel.
1 Posts
Working on figuring out why it stalls after idling for about 10 minutes. Just read the ops bypass thread. Got to drive my truck once in the fall since then i have checking wires and fuses and spending time on google and you tube doing research on my 6.5. Have been around the semi truck diesels most my live always had some one watching me and helping. This is my first diesel pick up and dad isnt with me now so i am taking my time to make sure this pick up is safe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not today, but Friday, I replaced my lower steering shaft and rag joint with a Borgeson u-joint shaft. The rag joint had significant play in it to the point that it was a challenge to keep the truck between the lines on the road. Huge difference with the new shaft and u-joint! There's still a little play in the steering box itself, but it is vastly improved.

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Registered
179 Posts
Heading out to pick up a diamond eye exhaust about an hour away. Hopefully it's a turbo back, but even if it's dp back, I'll probably grab it. New in box, so fingers crossed. Anyone have the old part numbers? Looks like they don't sell it anymore and I can't seem to find them online anywhere.

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Heading out to pick up a diamond eye exhaust about an hour away. Hopefully it's a turbo back, but even if it's dp back, I'll probably grab it. New in box, so fingers crossed. Anyone have the old part numbers? Looks like they don't sell it anymore and I can't seem to find them online anywhere.

IIRC, it should be part # K4102A

5861 - 5880 of 5887 Posts