Diesel Place banner
5841 - 5860 of 5887 Posts

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
I bought a digital pressure gauge from Amazon that goes to a limit of 3600 psi for my diesel injector tester.I hope this does the job so I can pop test my injectors accurately.It looks pretty good anyway.Seems to be a quality piece.

Attachments

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
I hope so....Amazon and quality are usually mutually exclusive, though...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
The gauge was about $100 delivered but I hope to use it once it arrives.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Fixed a leaking rear window, installed new rear shocks, and removed the side moldings to start prepping it for paint in the spring.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Good job.....what's your thought on the paint....keep it original or custom?

·
Registered
84 K30 CUCV 6.2, 98 Suburban 6.5, 99 Suburban 6.5, 06 Ram 5.9
42 Posts
Was thinking about painting the top black, bottom white with a 1/4 inch red pin stripe separating the 2 at the body line, but... I live in Florida, and even with tinted windows and a completely new AC system (I mean all of it, front and rear to include lines) it's still hard to keep that Burb cool. So I compromised.. factory white, mono chromatic look (white grill, bumpers) with smoked lenses, black mirrors, black rims.. just enough to set it off a little. It won't fit in my garage and the Florida sun is hard on paint so I figured it has lasted almost 23 years and where the paint isn't flaking it still looks great, why change now. LOL..

She's not perfect, but that's the way I like my trucks. I want a decent looking truck but not a pavement princess. I use my stuff for what they were intended for.. She works hard, she's reliable, hauls everything we ask her too and is always ready for the next challenge.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds like a good plan.....good luck with it.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
Purchased a new Delphi lift pump as a spare for my 96 gmc truck yesterday on eBay out of Canada.It’s the 93 model pump that puts out 12 psi.The part number is FD0009.Can never have enough lift pumps laying around….lol.The parts hoarding continues…lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
"The parts hoarding continues…lol" Can never have too many parts....or tools...How does that Dephi LP compare to the Acdelco EP 158?

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
"The parts hoarding continues…lol" Can never have too many parts....or tools...How does that Dephi LP compare to the Acdelco EP 158?
I had a new acdelco lift pump on my truck back in 2014 when I built it up from scratch and it had virtually very little miles on it since then and that acdelco pump didn’t last very long at all.The truck doesn’t have 5000 miles placed on it since I built it up back then and of course last week is when I removed it because it was noisy and putting out very little flow into a clear container.

The new old stock acdelco ep158 that I purchased awhile ago on eBay which is American made from the 90s looks to be a great pump and if I had to take a guess it should last a long time with no problems.In regard to Delphi I’ve always had great success with those parts as well although I had one bad Delphi oxygen sensor right out of the box a few years ago for a Chrysler Sebring I used to own.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had a new acdelco lift pump on my truck back in 2014 when I built it up from scratch and it had virtually very little miles on it since then and that acdelco pump didn’t last very long at all.The truck doesn’t have 5000 miles placed on it since I built it up back then and of course last week is when I removed it because it was noisy and putting out very little flow into a clear container.

The new old stock acdelco ep158 that I purchased awhile ago on eBay which is American made from the 90s looks to be a great pump and if I had to take a guess it should last a long time with no problems.In regard to Delphi I’ve always had great success with those parts as well although I had one bad Delphi oxygen sensor right out of the box a few years ago for a Chrysler Sebring I used to own.
Thanks for that info....bought my Ep 158 from RA last year.....so far it is working very well, a lot better than the off brand one it replaced...although that one lasted 10 years. Don't remember where that Acdelco unit was made though.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
563 Posts
Purchased a new Delphi lift pump as a spare for my 96 gmc truck yesterday on eBay out of Canada.It’s the 93 model pump that puts out 12 psi.The part number is FD0009.Can never have enough lift pumps laying around….lol.The parts hoarding continues…lol
Going to get one myself.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
563 Posts
I think the ep-158 is 8-9 psi and the FD0009 is 12psi.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
Thanks for that info....bought my Ep 158 from RA last year.....so far it is working very well, a lot better than the off brand one it replaced...although that one lasted 10 years. Don't remember where that Acdelco unit was made though.
I wouldn’t hesitate to use Delphi.That would be my other choice but acdelco lift pumps nowadays are China made.Perhaps Delphi too but I’m not entirely sure.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,876 Posts
Going to get one myself.
That’s definitely a great idea👍I should have bought that type a long time ago but my truck is putting out good fuel pressure now.

I might have mentioned this before but some brass npt T fittings and 1/4 fittings arrived from rockauto so I can monitor fuel pressure under the hood when the fuel pressure gauges arrive from Amazon.I bought enough fittings to adapt a fuel pressure gauge to both trucks.

I also ordered a case of 12 stanadyne lubricity additive from eBay last evening.I’ve never used that version before (just performance formula) but I read good online reviews about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cleaned up some ugly wiring on the brake controller and Glowshift gauge, left by the PO.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think the ep-158 is 8-9 psi and the FD0009 is 12psi.
Not sure about the Delphi FD0009.....according to the Acdelco specs, the EP158 max pressure is 14 PSI and min pressure is 9.5. The EP309 is the one listed for a 1995....max pressure 8 PSI and min pressure 6 PSI. My underhood fuel pressure gauge is real close to 14 PSI static for the EP158. It is mounted in-line between FFM and IP.

5841 - 5860 of 5887 Posts