Diesel Place banner
5781 - 5800 of 5806 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Finally got around to installing my new tail light, front marker/turn light and headlight housings. Had them for about 6 months or so and got tired of looking at the box. New housing look great. Damn cheap imported crappy circuit boards in one of the tail lights was bad luckily my OEM one was still good. Did a walk around checking lights and found 3rd brake light didn't work any more so I replaced those bulbs as well. I wish that lens and gasket where still available mines seen better days but still does it job. Next trip to the pick and pull Ill try to get one.
Replaced my 3rd brake light/cargo light with an LED unit from LMC a few years ago. Was plug and play and lights up the bed pretty good, lot better than the stock one. Brake light is bright too. No issues with it so far.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
230 Posts
I really really really want to be sitting in the passenger seat when that squeak comes back and you lose your mind and start smashing things. that's what I usually do. Not productive, but it sure makes me feel better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Well you should have been in the seat next to me lol. I thought I had it on the short test drive I took but it is still there just now at higher speed. Hopefully be able to take all the panels off and make sure that all the clips and what not are in good shape.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Replaced my 3rd brake light/cargo light with an LED unit from LMC a few years ago. Was plug and play and lights up the bed pretty good, lot better than the stock one. Brake light is bright too. No issues with it so far.
Did your new light come with a new gasket?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Did your new light come with a new gasket?
No, it didn't. The old gasket was in bad shape so I sealed it with some black adhesive silicone......wiped off the excess....sealed it up good and looks fine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well you should have been in the seat next to me lol. I thought I had it on the short test drive I took but it is still there just now at higher speed. Hopefully be able to take all the panels off and make sure that all the clips and what not are in good shape.
So did you throw or break anything?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Couldn't figure out where the mold kept comming back when it rained.
Finally tracked it down to the rear brakelight at the roof as the culprit, I suppose the old gasket has bought the farm so I smeared rtv all along it.

No more mold after a couple of weeks of rain, so the issue seems fixed for now.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
517 Posts
No, it didn't. The old gasket was in bad shape so I sealed it with some black adhesive silicone......wiped off the excess....sealed it up good and looks fine.
Its terrible that when buying a new light housing for your truck the vendor doesn't include a new gasket. Most the time the old light been on the truck for 30+ years. New one should be included period.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Got hold of my mechanic yesterday and scheduled my flatbed install. It'll be after Thanksgiving, but at least now I have a plan. Been sitting in my trailer for 3 months or more now....
I just don't have the facilities to do it myself. It's about 1000 lbs...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its terrible that when buying a new light housing for your truck the vendor doesn't include a new gasket. Most the time the old light been on the truck for 30+ years. New one should be included period.
I agree daddyoh......but it is a good light though.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,680 Posts
I ordered two new acdelco battery cables from rockauto that go from the starter up to the positive side of the battery for my 96 gmc truck.I’ll probably use the other cable on our Deere 2020 farm tractor.The part number is 2SD43XG.It was a couple dollars shy of $60 shipped to my door with fedex for one cable.My local GM dealer wanted about $200 for the same identical cable.What a rip off which is why I never go there.

Reactions: Babin Farms

·
Registered
60 Posts
New Spicer U-joints and a new carrier bearing on my driveshaft. It was quite a pain to get everything part even with a press and bearing puller! Went back together smoothly though.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Just did this to my C2500. Except the carrier bearing. Took it out and I could not detect any wear/looseness/play in it at all. Put it back in and got my money back for the one I bought. Carrier bearing only 28 yrs. old. GM junk.

Reactions: Babin Farms

·
Registered
60 Posts
The rubber was a bit tired and cracked looking with my carrier bearing, but I think the bearing itself was probably fine. at 194k miles I decided to just go ahead and replace it while I was in there.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
New batteries. Will ditch the stupid sidepost clown design and got the normal ones on the top. I'll be on the lookout for some bigger diameter battery cables, but it's not urgent at the moment.

Already bought the top post clamps, and I will most likely tin the ends of the battery cables for some protection against the elements.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I didn't do it but had my rear brakes replaced today. This morning stepped on the brake to put in reverse and petal sank to the floor. Blew out a wheel cylinder and ruined the shoes. Didn't have time to do it myself and needed the truck back today since its my only set of wheels. Have 3 trucks and can only drive one. SHMBO gets to drive the nice fancy truck and I get the worn out one and the 3rd sits in my back yard rotting away.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
517 Posts
New batteries. Will ditch the stupid sidepost clown design and got the normal ones on the top. I'll be on the lookout for some bigger diameter battery cables, but it's not urgent at the moment.

Already bought the top post clamps, and I will most likely tin the ends of the battery cables for some protection against the elements.
I would look into a top post battery terminal that you can fill with melted solder and stick the tinted ends into for a better connection and less issue with acid corrosion.

5781 - 5800 of 5806 Posts