Diesel Place banner
5741 - 5748 of 5748 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with Rock Auto for parts for my antique.

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,552 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with Rock Auto for parts for my antique.
RA is a good place to order parts from.I’ve been doing so the past 7-8 years.

·
Registered
187 Posts
RA is a good place to order parts from.I’ve been doing so the past 7-8 years.
They usually have what I need and I don't mind waiting a few days for shipping. If I am in a bind and need it today, then, not so much.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My PMD relocation harness crapped out on me today. Thought my lift pump went, but jumped the ops outer pins and she started pumping. Decided to pull the original stanadyne grey out of the glove box and plug it into the extension harness.... no luck. Then decided to plug it directly into the factory harness and VROOM! I'll have to buy a new extension harness to the front bumper, but at least she's running. I've got the pmd zip tied in the engine bay... hoping it lasts until I get a new harness. Gotta go pick up my new (to me) Mac toolbox in the morning. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1996 Chevrolet Silverado C3500. 2018 Silverado 2500HD LT
21 Posts
Doing some long neglected maintenance, poking around in the valley I found the FFM drain port connected to the IP and the OUT port connected to the t-valve drain. Also found this sticker on the DS-5521S, which reads 05/28/10.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ordered my new pmd relocation cable from quadstar running today. Threw in a pair of resistors and a high idle wire just because. I'll install my new old style pmd harness when everything gets here. That way I don't have to alter any keyways.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
It had been a while since servicing the old 4L80E....so it got a new Acdelco TF249 filter and fresh Dexron III fluid. The magnetic drain plug hardly had anything on it and no debris in the pan. (y)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Doing some long neglected maintenance, poking around in the valley I found the FFM drain port connected to the IP and the OUT port connected to the t-valve drain. Also found this sticker on the DS-5521S, which reads 05/28/10.
Am thinking it is a good thing you found the fuel lines backwards.....somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fuel coming out of the drain port unfiltered...that is, before the filter?

5741 - 5748 of 5748 Posts