hooked up xm
new starter (5th one)
installed kodiak door handles
put brush guard back on
put tonneau cover back on
cleaned last weeks crap out of it
topped it off with oil
thats all i can think of now....:D:D
Starters are an issue there is a 2.5kw starter out there if that is a 1/2 kw bigger than standard. I just replaced mine again after 1.5 years and found a leak in the exhaust manifold blowing hot gas on it causing premature failures also fries gp wires so you don’t get all the gp firing.

·
Registered
595 Posts
New shoes!
Firestone Transforce HT2. I've been happy with the Transforce in the past on our commercial trucks. These did well for the 60 mile trip today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I've had the first generation TransForce on previous work vehicles and pulled the trigger on getting them for my own when I was due for tires. This is one of them after less than 5000 miles:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's definitely not right. I've never seen wear like that. You sure that's the tire and not the truck?

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's definitely not right. I've never seen wear like that. You sure that's the tire and not the truck?

I got an alignment at the time of tires and was kinda surprised the shop didn't try to up sell me on any front suspension maintenance cause I know I'm due for ball joints (based on sounds I hear) and sway bar bushings (can visually see they are toast) and I'm sure more.
Contacted Firestone, they don't warranty for uneven treadwear. After reading through their warranty limitations, I'm not sure WHAT would be covered under their warranty.

I'm due for a new spare tire anyway, after I get my front suspension back in shape I'm just going to buy another one, demote this one to spare and hope for the best.

I do very much like the new HT^2 tread pattern. Reminds me of Toyo Open Country HT, which I had on an F350 SRW 4x2 with a 8klb trailer and remarkably never got stuck driving around on wet FL lawns all the time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got my new (used) air cleaner assembly today. Came across it on Craigslist and the guy shipped it to me. Cost $105 to my door. Couldn't be happier. I only needed the top cover, but now I have some spare parts. No more hot air intake for me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Over the winter, the fuel line rusted. I replaced one section that was obvious and it went well, but I found it's not the only section. Now I have to replace most of the line between the rear wheel, and the driver seat.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Over the winter, the fuel line rusted. I replaced one section that was obvious and it went well, but I found it's not the only section. Now I have to replace most of the line between the rear wheel, and the driver seat.
As it turns out, I'll only be replacing part of the section between the rear wheel and lift pump. The leak should be fixed, after that.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
150 Posts
Installed new HO water pump couldn't get power steering pump pulley back on Glagulator gave me great advice on using emery cloth to smooth out the area on the pulley. After that pulley went on great. still need to finish up task on WP install, Larger fan, heavy duty fan clutch and 190 stat and other small details before starting it up.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
150 Posts
Got my new (used) air cleaner assembly today. Came across it on Craigslist and the guy shipped it to me. Cost $105 to my door. Couldn't be happier. I only needed the top cover, but now I have some spare parts. No more hot air intake for me.

Is that a K47?

5581 - 5589 of 5589 Posts