hooked up xm
new starter (5th one)
installed kodiak door handles
put brush guard back on
put tonneau cover back on
cleaned last weeks crap out of it
topped it off with oil
thats all i can think of now....:D:D
Starters are an issue there is a 2.5kw starter out there if that is a 1/2 kw bigger than standard. I just replaced mine again after 1.5 years and found a leak in the exhaust manifold blowing hot gas on it causing premature failures also fries gp wires so you don’t get all the gp firing.

Reactions: jrsavoie
New shoes!
Firestone Transforce HT2. I've been happy with the Transforce in the past on our commercial trucks. These did well for the 60 mile trip today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I've had the first generation TransForce on previous work vehicles and pulled the trigger on getting them for my own when I was due for tires. This is one of them after less than 5000 miles:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That's definitely not right. I've never seen wear like that. You sure that's the tire and not the truck?

That's definitely not right. I've never seen wear like that. You sure that's the tire and not the truck?

I got an alignment at the time of tires and was kinda surprised the shop didn't try to up sell me on any front suspension maintenance cause I know I'm due for ball joints (based on sounds I hear) and sway bar bushings (can visually see they are toast) and I'm sure more.
Contacted Firestone, they don't warranty for uneven treadwear. After reading through their warranty limitations, I'm not sure WHAT would be covered under their warranty.

I'm due for a new spare tire anyway, after I get my front suspension back in shape I'm just going to buy another one, demote this one to spare and hope for the best.

I do very much like the new HT^2 tread pattern. Reminds me of Toyo Open Country HT, which I had on an F350 SRW 4x2 with a 8klb trailer and remarkably never got stuck driving around on wet FL lawns all the time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got my new (used) air cleaner assembly today. Came across it on Craigslist and the guy shipped it to me. Cost $105 to my door. Couldn't be happier. I only needed the top cover, but now I have some spare parts. No more hot air intake for me.

Over the winter, the fuel line rusted. I replaced one section that was obvious and it went well, but I found it's not the only section. Now I have to replace most of the line between the rear wheel, and the driver seat.

Over the winter, the fuel line rusted. I replaced one section that was obvious and it went well, but I found it's not the only section. Now I have to replace most of the line between the rear wheel, and the driver seat.
As it turns out, I'll only be replacing part of the section between the rear wheel and lift pump. The leak should be fixed, after that.

Installed new HO water pump couldn't get power steering pump pulley back on Glagulator gave me great advice on using emery cloth to smooth out the area on the pulley. After that pulley went on great. still need to finish up task on WP install, Larger fan, heavy duty fan clutch and 190 stat and other small details before starting it up.

Reactions: LinePilot
Got my new (used) air cleaner assembly today. Came across it on Craigslist and the guy shipped it to me. Cost $105 to my door. Couldn't be happier. I only needed the top cover, but now I have some spare parts. No more hot air intake for me.

Is that a K47?

Didn’t really do much with my 96 gmc today but pour in a bottle of stanadyne fuel additive along with 20 litres of fuel.

Last year I bought all new air conditioning parts for it including a new control unit but it has a wiring glitch inside the cab someplace from that point to the fuse panel so I put a toggle switch in the cab along with a red indicator light next to it with a relay on the firewall to activate the compressor.I realize it shouldn’t be done this way but I tried it today to see how the system would perform and it’s blowing ice cold air through the vents when I activate the switch so I’m pretty happy with it anyway.

Completed water pump installation, purchased all new parts that was specified HO WP, fan clutch, nine blade fan, new upper/lower hoses, belt tensioner, thermostat 190 deg, cleaned cooling stack it was dirty. Used a vacuum system to evacuate cooling system down to 25hg to refill with fresh Coolant that worked great. Engine started up fine and no leaks or dribbles after driving it. Next on my list Hydroboost, new batteries and other items.

Well the original rad that I had repaired started leaking again. This time I ordered a new one. Went with the spectra CU1364. Its a brass/copper rad like the original. Looked to be quite a nice piece actually and comes with a lifetime warranty.

8-16-20. Cought it on fire. Nothing major just went up Mont Eagle i24 East mountain grade a little too fast. Got the exhaust manifolds hot and the firewall insulation that's getting loose and contacting the manifolds cought fire. Real smoke show if I ever saw one. Half a bottle of water it was out. No damage to anything under the hood except the insulation

Replaced the glow plug relay; the one on the original motor wasn't working right, would always stay on.

Traced out the lift pump wiring; the goofball who last had this truck totally bypassed the stock wiring, so I figured that all out. Lift pump is powered with key in ON, but not START; still, truck starts up fine.

Replaced OPS with spare from old engine; gauge still reads high off the scale.

Replaced the parking brake position switch, it works again; parking brake is now fully operational after being useless when I got it. New cable, new tension spring (ghetto rigged).

Getting ready to put the new vinyl floor in on Saturday, then speakers and prepping for an audio system of some sort.

I ordered a GM door lever link for the heater box for my 96 gmc.There are two levers under the dash next to the accelerator pedal and both of mine aren’t connected and the springs are missing but the part numbers from GM if anyone is interested is 52487131 and 52487132.They are $52 each at my local dealer.

My hydroboost was leaking from front seal at the weep hole. I believe due to my master cylinder rear seal leak and the brake fluid compromised the front seal on the hydroboost.
Well I bought new HB from Rock Auto 400 +tax/shipping installed and brakes are solid so far.

Finished the installation of an overhauled DB2 pump on my '93 yesterday. Put new injectors on about 3 months ago. Settled into a nice smooth idle with the intake and turbo off. Alarmed the neighbors, I reckon. Going to finish putting everything back on today. Nice long stretches of road between here and the NC coast and I've got a good radar detector. Going to let her eat to see if the overhaul guy turned the pump all way up like I told him to.

What kind of injectors did you install?I have a couple sets of stanadyne injectors that have done well in two of my trucks.

Just Bosch new injectors. Made in India, though. I pop tested all of my old ones (probably about 100,000 m. on them) and they all popped at 1800 psi. Not a dime's worth of difference in all of them. New ones all tested at 2200 psi. Same thing. All exactly the same on my tester. The new injectors gave me noticeably better mileage though.

Reactions: dieselolds
5,581 - 5,600 of 6,347 Posts