Diesel Place banner
5,541 - 5,560 of 6,347 Posts
Reactions: serDenis
Swapped in the new Flight Systems PMD and relicated it to the front bumper behind the plate. Fired right up. Gonna test her drive her in the morning. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pulled the cd player in anticipating of deleting it with a dash pocket and media player head unit. It's so nice to be able to do this in a minute without any tools. I usual work on VW/Audi...So, half a day to get the stereo out by pulling most of the dash[emoji38]

Resurrection weekend.

The old beast went down in February. It was parked on the street for a couple of days while we took a weekend trip, and on return it failed to start when it was time to pull it back in the driveway. After trying many times to start, it started to smell like a fuel quality issue since the lift pump would happily fill a bucket from the drain valve. Curiously, the fuel had a bit of gasoline stench. So, 5 gallons of siphoning later, it was time to try again the starting process. Fast forward 2 months, today after draining another half gallon off the lift pump drain valve and after turning over for 15 second intervals every 10m over the course of an hour she lit up. Boy was that a relief! My bet is a neighbor thought the old suburban would be a good place to dispose of some old gasoline and failed to realize it's not a gasser.

Reactions: dieselolds
Completed the yearly maintenance, new oil and filters.
And repaired the windscreenwiper blade that decided to demount itself when it rained a couple of days ago.
I also forgot to allign the blades back and hook up the washer fluid hose. Go back in twice, do it right.

Needed Bluetooth to avoid getting tickets and to be safe. $75 from Crutchfield and came with all the installation bits, even the dash pocket to delete the cd player. I'm happy.

I primed both front fenders today on my 96 K1500 with the 6.5 goodwrench engine.The fenders were brand new which I installed upon the truck awhile ago but it turned out great and I installed one new battery cable terminal on the same truck.I’m hoping to get this truck painted this year but we’ll see how things progress.

I found a leaking fuel line between the lift pump and the engine. Road salt sucks. [emoji6]

Needed Bluetooth to avoid getting tickets and to be safe. $75 from Crutchfield and came with all the installation bits, even the dash pocket to delete the cd player. I'm happy.

"Needed Bluetooth to avoid getting tickets and to be safe." I don't understand that, Blackmanta?

He is talking about 'hands free' phone laws that are fairly new in some areas.

I've been having a chattering sound after the engine starts, it lasts about 2 seconds and it's not every start on hot or cold days.
I thought the flexplate bolts had started to come un-done, so I took the inspection cover off and started the engine with the phone camera rolling and......no sound. Cool, 2 hours wasted.
The inspectiomn cover has no chafing marks, beginning to suspect the not even 1 year old brand new acdelco starter.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Try now. The starting and restarting of the engine is by me, the sound we're after is the 2nd start.
Also, the open header exhaust was hilarious. The neighbours gave me a discouraging look for 10 minutes.

Reactions: OkDually
Try now. The starting and restarting of the engine is by me, the sound we're after is the 2nd start.
Also, the open header exhaust was hilarious. The neighbours gave me a discouraging look for 10 minutes.
My ACDelco starter started making that noise after three months maybe? Anyways its been at least a year or so.... starts just fine. Let me know if you figure it out! :)

Well I climbed up under the ol girl to replace the oil cooler lines. Only 8 years after I got it,,,, NOW I KNOW WHY!!! What a pain in the M*#$&$#$#F)#$#ING ASS that job is, and I aint done yet. I had to climb out for dinner, and too cool off. Getting pissed get's my blood boiling apparently. Lines done under,, 4x4 adapter back in with new seals, Just gotta put driveshaft back in,, fill with oil, and tighten front of the lines at the cooler. Then leak test.
What a mess. 6 pairs of rubber gloves, 3 sonsabitches. countless MF'ers, and a few oh you bastards later,,

Thanks Leroy Diesel, for the parts,,, kinda bummed I didn't get a cool oval yellow decal :( And writing the torque spec for the adapter bolt on the bizz card would be helpful.

Reactions: magladon80
Replaced the crimped rubber portions of the fuel lines from frame rail to the engine bay with new hose and hose clamps. Those water-holding crimps were rusted out, but the hard lines are solid. A dremel with a cutoff wheel was all it took. Don't try that with gasoline fuel lines!!! I was reminded that I'll have to do something about the driver floor pan before too long. I might just do a cut and patch. We'll revisit that one later. And I noticed the front drive shift is in desperate need of a u-joint... also something I'll revisit later.

5,541 - 5,560 of 6,347 Posts