Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Took out the last of 5 after market relays. With 4 wires to each it was a veritable rat's nest in there. I'll reinstall spotlights at a later date. It's starting to look a little bit more factory again and far less confusing. I wanted this done before doing the battery cable upgrade that I'm hoping will resolve my slow cranking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Replaced my door pin bushes. Already done this once with Dorman ones. They lasted about one week. These ones are from Cunningham Machine and come with good reviews. All I can say so far is that I can now drive with the door securely closed and I haven't been able to do that for a while!
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Vehicle door

·
Registered
62 Posts
Went under to investigate what the source of an unpleasant starting sound that I was pretty sure was a loose starter bolt. Confirming my suspicion didn't take long as I found half a starter bolt on the ground. Extracting the other half from the block was "fun" but I got there in the end. About 12 months ago these bolts required tightening. A little further investigation revealed why they were loose then and why this bolt snapped. The bracket for the nose of the starter was not bolted to the block!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts