Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well C'mon what have you destroyed plowing snow? Everybodys hit something.

Well for me, I been plowing 9 years, havent even moved a curb, or anything, but have moved a blade of grass or two

My first object...wasn't even a flake of snow on the ground

This past week Im cruising along in the 01' plow truck doing bout 30mph when someone decides they want a T-Bone... They never stopped at the stop sign or anything....Complete T-Bone with no brakes at 30 mph aint the best object to hit at that speed....Little Mitsubishi I guess they call em' "mighty max" pick up? Well snow plow angled to the right, pretty much hit his front bumper with the left side of the plow..lifted the front end off the ground....pushed it back bout 12 feet from the impact sight. Ended up hitting some ass-hole with a digital camera took pictures of everything...busted my balls bout me going fast was going even slower than the speed limit... asked the cop to give me a ticket for going too fast...Thanks dick
......Awsome cop... Said " I dont care how fast he (me) was going no matter what its your fault.Anyways Just ta let ya know... A Meyers snow plow can hold up pretty well to a "snowbank"

But I need some help too....Plow and everything works OK, But I want everything checked over with a fine tooth comb, their can be, and probably is some damage(frame=truck+plow). Am I going to have to play hard ball with his Ins. Co., Or will they offer to me it being checked out? Never been in accident before that wasnt my fault.

Bill......I think my neck and back hurt

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Crash wrote

"I think my neck and back hurt"

Mine too ,I smell a class action suit ....

Mac

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
did the plow straighten out? is the angle pin broke? if you awnsered no then dont worry bout it..... it takes alot to hurt a truck....

·
Registered
118 Posts
How to screw the digital camera dick 101

Go to a shop and have them check out your truck and plow. Most shops will give free estimates. Some shops will help cover "incidentals" like respraying the the bottom panels that are rock chipped
. Check out a few shops and ask around for the be$t repair work. In CA you are allowed to go to the shop of your choice (from my past experience).

Once you get the estimate, give it to the insurance company if you want to be nice. Give it to your lawyer if you don't want to be nice. BTW, since the lawyer doesn't work for free, they will be going after personal injury. In order for that to work, you have to go to see Doc or chiropractor on a regular basis. Lawyers also go after lost wages if you have to take off work to go. They will usually give you about 1/2-3/4 of the "winnings" after your medical expenses and repair work.

Since it will not be cheap to repair his vehicle plus the costs of your repairs/medical, the other driver's insurance should go up considerably. Too bad.

Best of luck to you. And seriously... consider seeing a doc/chiropractor. After I was rearended, my back hurt for years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts