Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens if I use the old black vent after switching over to synthetic fluid in the front diff??? Can I run it this way for a while?

How much is the new white vent, and can I change it without draining the oil (as you can see, I haven't looked under there).

RickEdited by: Campfire_Rick

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Along the same lines(And sorry I havent checked) I live in central IL. Would synthetic up front be a good idea? I assume I didnt get it but am unsure if I have the right vent. This will be my plow rig. I would figure that beings the front diff is 1/2 spinning even if you arnt in 4x4 that things would stay somewhat warm untill it gets stupid cold. Just wondering if I should change to synthetic?

I changed my rear fluid but havent done the front. I planned on changing the front and the transfercase at the end of the plow season. Good idea? 7k currently and will probably have 15 or so by spring.

Thanks

Might have to add some more stuff to my order if it hasnt shipped yet
Edited by: ratlover

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Rick, alot of people have run the black cap for a long time with no ill effects, the reason the change out is recommended is that the white cap comes with an o-ring that dont seem to mind the synthetic fluid. The blackcap o-ring is allergic to the synthetic. No harm done, worst thing that could happen is it could leak.

Eric

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Phil, its not a bad idea to switch it out, I like to do it as once you get you get it drained, you will see why. It will look like baby goo. I am not sure if your order went out today or yesterday, but I didnt see your pile sitting around anymore..

Eric

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
No biggy. I'll change her over. Thanks Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts