Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I get anywhere from 18 usually to 21 on the open road.It is Ext. cab, short bed, with auto.I would guess the 6 speed will be close to that also. BTW my truck now has 21K miles.

·
Registered
747 Posts
04 2500hd cc lb 4x4

around 20 hwy

around 16 city

4,000 miles on truck

difference between allison and zf6 would be very little due to .01 gear ratio difference between the overdrive gearing

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
I get anywhere from 14-18 in the city and 18-24 on the highway. I have a lead foot too. Not sure but I would think that depending on how you drive a 6 speed would depend on fuel mileage compared to auto trans.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It depends how you want to measure it.
If I include warm-ups and idling it is about 18 for mostly rural driving when not hauling a trailer or other load. My warm-ups are minimal in the driveway ( <30 sec) and I don't have to do much idling in traffic. For cruising on interstates I can get up to 20 if I "CHEAT" by waiting until it is warm and up to cruising speed and then clearing the trip numbers - and by keeping down to 60. This is on a 3600 chassis cab, 4wd, allison automatic with 3.73 axles, dual rear wheels, 215/85 x 16 at 65 psi. It has an alumin platform, weighs 7100 road ready. You could/should be able to get a mile or two better than this, it is VERY right foot weight dependant
I expect it will loosen up some more, it will probably reach peak looseness around 10K. I watch the instantaneous MPG calculation a LOT, it really is more economic at 60/65 on the interstate using cruise control than at 40/45 on rural roads. Getting up to speed is where the fuel gets burned (obvious, but the display really puts it in your face).
I should add that this is in Mass and NH, kinda cold lately, single numbers and slightly negative today.

ymmv - and probably will.

·
Registered
170 Posts
ArrBee;

You said that you have a 3600 DA 4wd. Other people have refered to a 3600. I've never seen anything that said 3600 on it. I had a 01 k3500 Cab/Chassis it didn't say 3600 on it either ???

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 3600 has a 2 piece frame instead of 3,back of cab to wheel a little different length,600 more pounds gvw it is a real chassis cab not just a truck without a box.It is kind of the big daddy of the hd's
.That should get a response
And oh yah it says 3500 on the side you have to look at the frame sticker or in the dash to know.It's a sleeper

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know that a cab & chassis is diffrent from a pick-up with the " bed delete" I guess I'll never know if I use to have a 3600. I don't see it on the "build a truck website" ???

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you didn't order it good chance it wasn't ,they are not common.One other thing they have is dual tanks approx. 50 us gallons.Don't think the 3500's can get that?Also my cab to axle is 84.4 inches wheelbase is 161.5 which allows a 11 foot dump body.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I get 12 with my hot juice and pedal to the firewall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts