Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I'm running a Swiss Cheese'd air box and stock filter. I need a new filter and was wondering if there was any gain in going to a intake? If not has anyone ever heard of Green Filters? Any good? A local shop has them and was trying to sell me one.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I had a green filter in my truck. I actually got a .1 increase in mpg. Thats hand calculated. Well its nothing to brag about but an increase none the less. I took it out to put in the volant box. I dont know if its the best or worst but I had it in my truck and I guess it worked well.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The green filters are ok, but we sell only AFE which has the Pro Guard 7 filter which is specifically designed for our diesel engines. They have awesome filtering characteristics and will last for a long time, as long as you get a cleaning/maintenance kit and clean/re-oil it every so often. Not only will the 7 layers filter out unwanted particles, but the medical grade gauze that they use and the deep pleats aid in trapping the dirt to keep it out.

AFE designs the replacement air box and intake tube much larger than stock to help you get the maximum air flow possible for the amount of room that is under the hood. You can look here
http://www.afefilters.com/pg7.htm

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was also looking at the AFE because the local place sells both but they said the Green was the best.Maybe I'll try one I just want to make sure it's not like K&N -:t .

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have had green filters in two of my trucks. Just replaced the last with Green's Cold Air Intake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.