Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What engine does my 06 express have? Do I have a detuned LBZ and its called LLY? Or do I have an 05 LLY? This has auto high idel when it is cold. It also has dash mounted high idle switch.

VIN#=1GCGG292X**********
Ser# on block=C61184683
Tag on rear of head= YUK

This HAS fuel cooler which LBZ shouldn't.

Where can I look further? It is HARD to see engine!!!:confused:

·
Registered
241 Posts
i believe it is an LLY and only rated at 250HP. If i recall, it doesnt have the allison auto either, but the other GM automatic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is an LLY and it does only have 4-speed as allison wont fit an express. My question is it an 06 LLY(detuned LBZ) or an 05 LLY.

Later this might matter if I get a tune for towing, etc. And... I'm just curious if they sold me 06 engine or not. ALL of the literature says express vans get 06 LLY that has all improvements LBZ has like the new turbo, etc. But.... the fuel cooler is NOT on a LBZ and should NOT be on a detuned LBZ/LLY, I wouldn't think. My van has the fuel cooler.

·
Registered
193 Posts
it is an 06 lly the only engine offered in a express/savana van. the trans designation is a 4l85. the engine is 520ftlb so as to preserve the smaller trans.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Look on your passenger side valve cover near the front of the engine. If there is a FICM there, it's the '05 design. If not, then you have the '06 design using the Bosch 32bit ECM, which is basically a detuned LBZ.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Look on your passenger side valve cover near the front of the engine. If there is a FICM there, it's the '05 design. If not, then you have the '06 design using the Bosch 32bit ECM, which is basically a detuned LBZ.
I know for a fact that the Duramax engine in the 2006 Express Van has the Bosch 32bit ECM. It is a 2006 LLY.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I guess this is good news, now I only have to worry about a built 4l80 when I get my Express or Savana.

·
Registered
245 Posts
:eek:fftopic:

What kind of mpg do these vans get?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
it is an 06 lly the only engine offered in a express/savana van. the trans designation is a 4l85. the engine is 520ftlb so as to preserve the smaller trans.
You might want to go back and check that one because I'm pretty sure it is only 460 in the vans. You're thinking of the ZF-6 equipped 2500/3500.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far, I have 6600 miles. I have posted a high of 17mpg, but averages 15-16 mpg. WAY disappointed in this. But... still new and it is cold outside( saw the 17 when it was in the 40's for a couple of days).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts