Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 600 miles on my new 2004 LT Chev, EX/SB and want to put duals on it. I would like to have them come out the back. On Friday, I am supposed to have this done by a local muffler shop. He is installing a 3 1/2 in. Flowmaster, then splitting the pipe into two 3 in. pipes that come straight out the back on both sides of the spare.

Any other better ideas?

Bluejay

·
Registered
74 Posts
ya don't do it the d-max will not run right or at least mine didn't so i had to go back to stock after a week i kept getting a service eng soon light

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a catalitic converter? Mine doesn't. With all the 4 in. systems and straight pipes, surely a modification like I propose should not bring on the light.

Thanks, Bluejay

·
Registered
74 Posts
no i do not have a cat on my truck but even the dealer could not understand why the service soon light would come on but it did until i took the duals off and put it back to stock now ever thing is fine even when i changed the air cleaner over to a k&n it made the light come on to so i took it out and put the stork air cleaner back in and all is well now not sure what is going on

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got my 2004 back from the muffler shop. The Flowmaster and two pipes coming straight out the back look and sound great. No lights came on. They are not loud (maybe disappointing to some but not to me). I have not driven it enough to remark about performance or mileage. $545. installed including massive stainless tips.

Kenny, thanks for the reply, but I didn't see it soon enough.

Thanks to the rest of you also.

Bluejay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts