Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be installing my Cognito kit as soon as the snows gone but itll be with jack stands in a driveway. Just wondering if ill be able to drop out the diff and lift it back into place without a transmission jack? So about what does it weigh and does anyone have any suggestion to help make this task as easy as possible (kit install or diff removal/install)? T.I.A.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It weighs about 100- 125lbs or more. I had a tough time taking it in and out by myself and i'm a big guy. I worked from my lift and ended up using a bottle jack to help me. Wish i had my tranny jack. it would have made things much easier and quicker but i lent it out to a friend.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn sounds like it might be a *****. Im not the biggest guy but hopefully me, my help and a regular jack will be able to get it done. I was thinkin if one guy balances it on the jack we should be able to maneuver it in and out like that. Unless your thinkin otherwise.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on thanks for the help man.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cant wait to be able to take em. Got my kit from Norcal about a week after the snow came and the cold weather set in. Spring cant come soon enough.

·
Registered
272 Posts
it will look great...awesome kits

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.