Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes im a newbie!!!

but what does LLY stand for?

also, anyone know what the rated miles to rebuild is?

is it 300K or 400K miles to a rebuild?

also what is the highest mileage that anyone has on these duramaxes?

thanks!!

Graham

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
not sure what LLY stands for exactly..I think its just the build code for this particular engine. as for the other things.. just do a search, several threads on that stuff.

welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
LLY doesnt stand for anything specific, its just the RPO (regular production order) code that means "Duramax diesel engine". Just in the same way that AN3 means power front bucket seats, UC6 means 6 disc in dash cd changer radio and U2K means satellite radio...I am 99% positive there is no rhyme or reason to lableling RPO's.

The Duramax is technically rated by GM/Isuzu for a 200k mile TBO (airplane speak for Time Before Overhaul). Although that by no means says "the engine will blow up at 200001 miles". With good maintinence and care, many people have made their Duramax's go much further. I forget the guys name but there is a member here who has gotten something crazy like 500 or 600k miles on his Dmax's before he sold them (they were working fine when he sold them)!!! It seems he drives the around the world becuase he has a 2005 that already has ~120k miles! Time will tell what the general life is with these engines, because remmeber, they only came out in 2001...

---Ben

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think that you mean Gardnerteam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts