Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I be expecting to pay if I want to put a moonroof in an '04 CC? Also are there any good places to have this done in Minnesota?

·
Registered
612 Posts
When I looked for my 04 it was about $1300 for one that slides over the roof and $1800 for one that slides into the roof.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Why would you want to cut up your truck?

·
Registered
48 Posts
isn't a moonroof solid?(doesn't open) I thought a sunroof opened and a moonroof didn't.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought a moonroof is the kind that opens all the way so you can see the night sky and the sunroof doesn't open all the way to keep the direct sunlight out but still let some light in. I guess I've always had the kind that opens all the way in my vehicles and I've always refered to them as moonroofs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here in Utah I got a quote for $1200 from a chain company (Auto Trim Design), but the guy said he could prob'ly do it for $1K since there is a good bit of competition hereabouts. 5-yr warranty and two cool features that the factory unit does not offer: a solid sun shade (vs. the crappy GM perforated sun-does-not-shade) and the roof automatically closes when you shut the truck off. This unit slides into the roof and not over, like the factory one.

My understanding of moonroof/sunroof difference is that a sunroof is opaque, whereas a moonroof is transparent. Nowadays, the terms are prob'ly interchangeable.

Short answer: call everyone in the yellow pages, then ask the biggest shop to match your best price...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I paid $895 to have the webasto Holandia sunroof installed in my 04. This is the version that slides back into the roof, complete with new headliner etc. From info I have gathered webasto is the OEM to most car mfg and they are a premium sunroof. This is the price they charge the local dealers to install a sunroof, walk into a car dealer and the price would be closer to$1500.

Look for an installer that has lots of experience and ask to see recent installs to see how good a job they do. The one I picked does several per day just for dealers in the area. Done right they use OEM headliner material for the sunshade, and craft a new headliner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts