Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been searching high and low and finally found what i have been looking for,any suggestions..to much?i did a car fax and it came back clean..

it has all i have been wanting,d-max,long bed,4x4,4 drs.

it still has the factory warranty left 3 yrs 36000 on truck and 5 yr 100000 on motor.

well heres the link

any and all suggestions will be taken into consideration..

LINK Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've seen some around here asking 33k for similar ones fully loaded. I bought my 2002 which has everything that one has, fully loaded with 37k miles for around 30k. You can use that as a comparison.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Have you looked a new one with 0% financing? If you are financing it might be cheaper to go new with the 0%.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i made some bad decisions 5 yrs ago and i don't qualify for the o%,actually i am still digging my way out of a deep hole.live and learn..but i do see the light and it ain't no train..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dang.. I just went thru Monroe last weekend... If I'd known, I could have stopped by and checked it out in person for you.

If you're serious about buying the truck, and you know they're serious about selling it, offer them $31K. If they won't take it - walk - and don't look back (they'll expect you too). Just make sure they have your number; they'll call you.

Don't budge - it's a car deal - nothing more/nothing less. Don't pay any more than $32K for it.

Good luck.

Chris in NC

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
i tend to agree with NCMax.. its a car dealer.. play by your rules- not theirs..

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
You should be able to buy it for 31 easy, wouldn't pay a nickle more. I would start with 30,000 and leave your number when they balk.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks so much for the advice..i am a terrible car buyer,well the salesman love me,i just don't negoiate good at all.
..anyway thanks,i should be taking a road trip sat to go see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my 2004 2500HD D-MAX Crew Cab LT fully loaded...I mean with every option (even the DVD player) for right at 41K. A little more because I added the 100K "bumper to bumper" warranty. I also bought if in NC. You can find a great deal on a new truck in NC if you go to the right places....there are two in NC that I know of. I know it may cost you a little more but you can't put a price on the new truck smell! Good Luck!!!

Josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealers have lots of room to come down in price. Just bought my new 04 already lifted, custom tires and wheels, special order yellow paint, crew cab,lt, with rhino liner. It stickered for 57,000 with all the extras and I got them down to 44,000 with sales tax included and 0 % financing.

If they won't deal with you get up and leave, they will call you back in a day or two with another offer. Just don't take no for an answer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If its a dealer you should go on Kelly Blue Book site at www.kbb.com and look up the truck and all additions made to it. Look for the "trade in value". Then see what price is and figure the dealer paid 1-4K under that. That should give you a ballpark for how much to offer dealer. Also if your credit is not great remind the dealer that he will make $ on financing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Hey Toolman,

Just bought 04 cc sb dmax LB7 LT. ( 35,500 with step bars thrown in ) Go to the dealers. Start with the low pressure joints, get some prices, know what you want to pay. Then go to the high pressure ( I won't let you leave , until you have the truck in your driveway guys). Drop your lowest price that you have from the low guys( I did 2000) . Give them that , tell them they have to beat it, and play the ( Oh , by the way I like the gmc front end better, and yes it does have chrome step bars). So, if you cant do this I am going back to buy that truck. It took 8-10 sales to manager talks, ( 3 hours ), but I feel that I won somehow $ 48,500 sticker $ 35,500 with steps free. 32 miles.

Luvn the diesel Jeff</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey toolman, If you decide to go new, let me know... I've got some in the driveway certs left...for now, they will save you some bucks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
WHEN USING KBB.COM TRY DIFFERENT ZIP CODES SOME PARTS OF THE COUNTRY HAVE CHEAPER PRICES

DALLAS 75243

I HAVE SEEN AS MUCH AS $5000.00 VARIANCE IN A USED TRUCK

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I just ordered a new D/A CC SB SLE pkg, not too fancy, cloth seats(non electric), but well equipted and I got it bought at invoice of 38,200. I checked around and that was the best deal I found, but after reading some of these posts It makes me wonder.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My truck is nearly the same, it's a Chevy LS without leather. I paid $36, 151 which included shipping from Oregon to Alaska. That was for a new truck. Don't pay near what they are asking. You don't know how the previous owner treated it, or why they chose to get rid of it. If they won't come down some then spend your money elsewhere. --SS

·
Registered
60 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

BTW I took the $ 3500 discount, so I do not have 0% financing. Numbers seemed to work better over 48 months. Still thinking don't buy used over $30 K.

Jeff</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts