Diesel Place banner
641 - 660 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed an ebay sump and FASS pump on my 2012 Duramax. sadly, it didn't resolve my crank no start but the lift pump is working great. lol

nd Fass lift

·
Registered
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax
22 Posts
Passenger side glow plugs (not all done in the pics) and a new fuel filter. Drivers side plugs are next. Energy fuel system saver on the way…
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
22 Posts
Swapped my Inlet metering valve with the exergy one. What a PITA. The particles on my stock one (below) appear to not be metal. Letting it dry and I’ll confirm.
Finger Camera accessory Gas Household hardware Thumb

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ran BG EPR in the oil and drained. Remove stock oil pan (leaking). Installed new PPE oil pan and merchant auto trans tail brace… (brace not pictured.) can’t wait to see if the oil is cleaner!
Automotive tire Road surface Grass Asphalt Gas

Tap Plumbing fixture Sink Bathroom sink Wood

·
Registered
20 Posts
Swapped my Inlet metering valve with the exergy one. What a PITA. The particles on my stock one (below) appear to not be metal. Letting it dry and I’ll confirm. View attachment 652553
I'd like to do the Exergy metering upgrade but I have heard it's not a nice install and I've heard of others have issues with the CP4 not long afterwards. Still skeptical really. I'm religious with the Hot Shots EDT at performance dosing.

Reactions: PurelyBarbed

·
Registered
22 Posts
After 130 miles I’d say the oil is pretty dang clean! The cleaning did work. I’ll do it one more time next oil change
Finger Thumb Wood Wrist Nail

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd like to do the Exergy metering upgrade but I have heard it's not a nice install and I've heard of others have issues with the CP4 not long afterwards. Still skeptical really. I'm religious with the Hot Shots EDT at performance dosing.
yeah so it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve done but it was annoying. Well worth it IMO for the piece of mind. Patience, the right extensions and a pen magnet to get it swapped (aside tools to remove AC and belt).

I run an adative always as well, like you. It’s piece of mind.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado 2500 HD 6.6 Duramax LTZ
717 Posts
Cleaning Oil???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cleaning the inside of the engine with BG EPR. I should specify 😂

what you do: add BG EPR with your existing oil prior to an oil change. 1,200RPM for 10+ minutes, drain, add BG additive, oil, and of course change the filter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
checked over my oil pan sealing job. No leaks! Noticed coolant on trans. Appears my coolant block off plate is leaking (common problem). Ordered a PPE block off plate. Also inspected my PTO covers again and they need gaskets. Ordered the machined aluminum PTO plates and gaskets from XDP.
Motor vehicle Sleeve Bumper Automotive exterior Bag

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Gas Automotive tire Automotive exterior Metal Auto part

Stitched a new steering wheel cover on. Seat covers coming (should match well)
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Bicycle tire Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

641 - 660 of 671 Posts