Diesel Place banner

621 - 634 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Dropped it off at the body shop. The guy driving the garbage truck decided to remodel my front end while I was in the store

·
Registered
125 Posts

Finally finished my hidden winch install on my LML Dmax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SRex and navybuff

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
How about a Zoom Out view..., looks great and love this idea...

·
Registered
125 Posts

Reactions: Towing Dude

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
that looks great

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks, I didn’t want to block the trans cooler to much. It’s a rough country 1500 hidden winch with two 3/8 plate steel in between the mount and the frame rails.
Warning: I broke my trans cooler by pushing a little to hard the hard line over. The best thing would be just to upgrade to soft lines.
I went with DRP 5/8 inch lines with AN fittings. I also replaced my trans cooler because I severely bent the top connection on pass side.
I did the X bull 13 k winch with synthetic line( the line is rated to 23k) the lines, mount, new bolts ( it came with grade 5, replaced all with grade 8.) steel plates (cost 20 dollars to be cut to 4”x6” ) and winch were all under a grade. It has a witeless remote with the winch. DM for more info.

Reactions: navybuff

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I dropped it off at the dealer now the other day so they can do the head gasket������ FML
I need to do a winch like that gunner. Nice job��

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice job and it look's nice. Just curious, do you actually need a winch and do you use it often or is it just for the tough look/cool factor? I ask because I installed a Westin Grill Guard and winch tray a few years ago with the plan on installing a winch because it would look cool. After much research I had it all picked out. I was going to order the Talon Super Winch with all the goodies. Then after really thinking about it I realized that I have absolutely no need or use for a winch. I bought my dually to pull my 40' 5th wheel camper. I don't go off road and I live in Fl so snow is not a factor. I was just buying it for aesthetics..but I was trying to come up with situations where I might need one to justify buying it and I couldn't. But they still look cool...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well it wasn’t an expensive project, less than 650 total. While I was an instructor the platoons I was teaching got their government trucks stuck regularly. I have pulled a hand full of People off the beach in San Diego and out of the mud on military bases. I bought it for when I go hunting, up in Idaho there may not be another truck that can pull mine out for miles. So mostly to be self sufficient where ever I go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok Cool...I wish I had a real reason to buy one..The Super winch would have cost me 2000+ just for the winch..

·
Registered
125 Posts
You might look into the xbull winch, 13k rated, synthetic line-way less weight, line is a lot stronger 23k rated winch line, wireless and wired remotes.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Took off the winter tires. Put on some with less tread. Only driving it like 50 miles a week now. No longer towing, turned rear 9000 Rancho shocks from #7 setting to #4 for a softer ride. Had them all set to #7 for tongue weight.

Attachments

Reactions: SRex

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed the FASS Fuel system on a relocation bracket from Wehrli Fab. I also installed a Beans Diesel Sump kit. I ran the wires down behind the fender well liner then on top of the frame and zip tied it to the large factory harness. The sump got installed just behind the forward tank strap. I chose that location as to not interfere or modify the factory basket/fuel level float. There was enough room to reinstall the tank protector over the sump. I only notched the front of the tank protector for the fuel lines. The Wehrli Fab bracket is great. It hides the fuel filters better and keeps them more protected.

IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1615.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg
IMG_1620.jpg
IMG_1621.jpg
IMG_1628.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg
IMG_1630.jpg

621 - 634 of 634 Posts