Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 508 Posts

·
Bidness is Boomin'!
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple stuff- post up what you did to your LB& today!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I washed mine today. Trying to slow down the rust. Steam cleaned engine compartment also.

Reactions: Freddyack

·
Registered
16,235 Posts
Nothing, Abandoned it last night at work because the doors are frozen shut. I hate snow and ice....

Reactions: 66flh and Freddyack

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
plowed that truck like there was nobody's business.:Dstill running strong at 306k miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Installed a Pyle backup camera to plug into the Edge Insight CTS.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I drove it to work for the first time after installing new injectors and lines this weekend. Can you say smoooooth!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I let mine sit in the driveway with 4" of snow on top of it. Being retired is WONDERFUL!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not a darn thing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same thing as Dmax AZ, although I threw in glow plugs, a fpr, and a LML manifold for good measure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looked at it all tucked away for the winter in the garage!

Reactions: Babin Farms

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
went to go tighten the tranny mount bolt, that I saw loose a when I was doing the shifter cable and it was gone.
as luck would have it,,it was frozen into the pack of snow on the cross member,what a find.
so as I'm tightening it up,I look at the front drive shaft and the u-joint closest to the transfer case is broken.Go into a drawer that I stock drive train parts and I have 2 u-joints.Can't get much luckier today.
So after my fingers warm up,I'll change them out and install the shaft.
And yes,I'm doing this on my back on a snow covered driveway.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Front drive shaft repair is done.My friend who owned the truck,must have replaced the front drive shaft as it had the original gm pvc locking compound.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Rerouted the Cable for the backup camera.
Jim

·
Registered
537 Posts
Plugged it in!! Damn COLD and Windy here!!! -8 (wc -25), trying to figure out why I still live here. :cookoo:

·
Registered
260 Posts
just got it aligned, toe'd out
going to get it hand washed n detailed
then hook onto car trailer with crawler n head out to moon rocks nv
for a wheeling weekend...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Tracing wires from the trailer backup camera to the existing monitor (DVD player) to move them to the Edge CTS and operate the two cameras via a selector switch.
Its warmer today than it's been for a few days, a balmy 30F
Jim

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
Put in new batteries a couple of weeks ago and now starting to have slow cranking again. Alternator is charging fine, disconnected both batteries and measured the parasitic drain and found 2.4 ma. Pulled all the fuses and relays and even the wiring harness for the trailer and the drain was still there.

No motivation today, 4 inches of fresh snow and now the wind is blowing drifting it everywhere. Our little shitzu passed away yesterday at 18 years old and trying to help my wife deal with her loss.

Is it too early to start drinking:whistle:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
2.4mA's is nothing,,if it was 300 or above I'd say you have a problem.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I'm gonna have to start looking at my plow wiring connections,,hitting the up button and voltage drops to 9.5-10volts,then right back to 14.3volts after up button is released.

1 - 20 of 508 Posts