Diesel Place banner
1721 - 1740 of 1754 Posts

· Registered
3,922 Posts
So what 6 speed are you using cause a 6L80 is 32 spline ?
So plan is G56 6 speed manual out of a dodge. I'll end up either working over my 32 spline round case 205 or finding a 29 spline 205 from a cummins. Havent decided on that one yet.

Reactions: Bigboytoys

· Premium Member
1,115 Posts
What up dogs. It's raining a lot outside so I was watching hidrulic pressure injuries and that got me thinking. All the time I've stuck my hands around the running engine injector lines. Or cracking the first line to bleed air out. Can a line hold pressure with the engine off? Just a thought.

· Registered
42 Posts
after reading up through some older posts, I crawled up underneath to see if I had a starter bracket (I don't)
:(
So added that onto the list. sigh...
Wow, I'm moving sllllooooowwwwly....but got the bracket and heat shield in over the weekend. Anyone know what size/thread the bellhousing bolt for the heat shield is? Everything else is in and good...next weatherstripping for the rear doors...

· Registered
3,922 Posts
Ugh, I gotta do cab corners on my truck...

Moving real slow here too. Weather hasn't been friendly. Need to finish my trans crossmember for the cummins then lock it all down.

· Administrator
22,219 Posts

· Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Removed the old rwd engine xmember. After carefully beating the s*** out of the frame with the biggest precision hammer in the shed I could find the new 4x4 engine xmember is succesfully installed. All 2wd and 4x4 frames are not created equal. Truck is one step closer to full blown zombied out 4x4 rolling freakshow of hacked together mismatched buthchered junkyard waste.

· Premium Member
5,223 Posts
While browsing eBay I picked up a new old stock 1983 6.2 van secondary fuel filter bracket with two retaining clips for the filter itself.It’s the model 75 system.The bracket was $25 and the clips were about the same.The part numbers were 14079338 and 14079339 for the two clips.I can get a filter from rockauto but the thing I like about this is that it can pretty much be added to almost any diesel vehicle with minimal fuss.

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Congrats, Juan. Nothing more pleasing than a pass from the super incompetent, and corrupt DMV.

1721 - 1740 of 1754 Posts