Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
22,058 Posts
Just figured I’d put something in the “all other GM diesel” section like we have in the 6.2/6.5 section.I didn’t do anything per say with my 5.7 diesel today as right now it’s not a daily driver like it used to be but I did pick up a set of new old stock perfect circle brand .030 oversize pistons from eBay today that might be handy down the road.

One 5.7 I own which is the very early 1978 engine has standard sized pistons in it and the 1981 5.7 I also acquired is punched .030 over but parts for these things are near impossible to find so I figured I may as well buy the oversize slugs while I had the chance to do so.If I don’t use them I’ll resell them and should get my money back no problem.
Made this a sticky (y)

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Administrator
22,058 Posts
After some searching I found a guy willing to sell a set of new .030 zollner brand 5.7 pistons with pins and locks for $450 plus $75 freight from the US.Still cheaper than uem/dualoy brand pistons that summit sells for $525 plus freight and customs fees once it crosses the border.
Nice find! (y)

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Administrator
22,058 Posts
This evening I went ahead and found a set of new milodon main studs for olds 455/olds 350 diesel from eBay under part number 81215 for $160 shipped to my door.The arp studs were alot more money so I went with milodon since they too produce some of the worlds best fasteners.
Nice find ! (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts