Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured I’d put something in the “all other GM diesel” section like we have in the 6.2/6.5 section.I didn’t do anything per say with my 5.7 diesel today as right now it’s not a daily driver like it used to be but I did pick up a set of new old stock perfect circle brand .030 oversize pistons from eBay today that might be handy down the road.

One 5.7 I own which is the very early 1978 engine has standard sized pistons in it and the 1981 5.7 I also acquired is punched .030 over but parts for these things are near impossible to find so I figured I may as well buy the oversize slugs while I had the chance to do so.If I don’t use them I’ll resell them and should get my money back no problem.

• Love
Reactions: OkDually

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
Just figured I’d put something in the “all other GM diesel” section like we have in the 6.2/6.5 section.I didn’t do anything per say with my 5.7 diesel today as right now it’s not a daily driver like it used to be but I did pick up a set of new old stock perfect circle brand .030 oversize pistons from eBay today that might be handy down the road.

One 5.7 I own which is the very early 1978 engine has standard sized pistons in it and the 1981 5.7 I also acquired is punched .030 over but parts for these things are near impossible to find so I figured I may as well buy the oversize slugs while I had the chance to do so.If I don’t use them I’ll resell them and should get my money back no problem.
Made this a sticky (y)

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect.👍Thank you.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been years since I’ve seen a 5.7 or 4.3 here in SW MS,
Yes they are rare as hens teeth north of the border as well.At least in my area anyway.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up a set of new old stock piston rings that are .030 oversize to fit the 5.7 diesel.I may never use these of course but they may come in handy later on.They were made back in August of 1987.Total cost was $56 shipped to my door which I think is a fantastic deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts