Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a while back while installing the juice I moved the power wire going into this little box guy to the other side of the tube to get some more clearance for the juice. While in the process you can see that the ground strap came in contact with the stud and obviously welded itself to the stud.
I'm guessing thats bad

Any who.......my truck is throwing or started throwing a code for the intake air heater p0540. Did I zapp the air intake heater or is it an unrelated problem. I've got a trip to the dealer scheduled but if they see the hole outa the ground strap and the marks on the nut/stud I will be paying I'm sure.

So did I nuke something or is it a GM failure?

If so how much is an airintake heater and how much of a PITA is it to replace?

Am I ever going to quite doing such stupid [email protected]*! ?

If it was all me then I gota cancel my trip to the dealer and fix it my self.
e

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh.....and I might need to add this part to my order depending if its going to able to slide by under waranty or not

Its rare that something isnt messed up from the start for me and if its not then i will find a way

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
phil, the strap is just a ground strap, no biggy. The terminal you welded it with is the power supply for the glow plugs. If I told you how many times I have zapped things with that, you would laugh, and I have never hurt anything.......yet. I think that your problems are unrelated. You can take some black tape or some wiring conduit and cover the ground strap to hide the damage. The IAH is located in the intake duct, it has one wire hooked to it with a 10mm nut. Follow the intercooler hose from the pass side into the engine, the aluminum part that it hooks to on engine has IAH screwed into it.

Eric

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the man has done it I dont feel so bad

I always try to remember to unhook the the batery when I am working on stuff, one would think it would only take once of welding a wrench to the core support or the spark show of swaping an alt to learn ones lesson.
Maybe this time will learn me?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts