Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What combo of programmers,or modules work the best to get my 01 duramax in the 12s? Should i stick with one brand or mix them up. What stacked or stand alone system works together that makes the most power. Im wanting 450-600 hp. Everyone seems to take different routes. Please post what parts have worked for you.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I have no idea what I am talking about. I have never raced a dmax before.

60 foot times are every thing in a drag race. If I was building a race only dmax. I would drop my tbars all the way. I would move my rear leafs under the axel. I would hook up tie straps on the suspension. I would use the copilot. I would put some slicks on all 4 corners. I would ice the engine and wrap the exaust componets with insulation. I would run George Morrisons crystal clear fuel.

I would repalce the stock exaust manifolds and down pipe. I would have comp cams build me a cam with 10 degrees more duration @ .50".

Pick any module/programmer at that point! Add any nos or propane you like. I bet sea level would be low 10's high 9's?Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
yeah ok ,but on a budget,get a tts extreme or a tts 120 progra, stacked with a hot juice and maybe a duramaxamizer.get an upgraded tranny,i am partial to suncoast,but ats sells them and so does bd.you couls always buy a transgo kit and do it yourself and save some big bucks.get a top notch tq convertor,dont orry bout the slicks did that already,do you really want to be running over 110 mph with a tire that only has 1200lbs of rating?me niether,i stopped running the 1/4 with em.as far as springs on the bottom why bother,granted it would prolly be best but buy some nice ladder bars and go that route,much...much...cheaper.even more use a set of big truck springs to collapse the space between the front end of the leaf springs,cheapest of all and makes a big difference.i got my u bolts for 22 bucks and they work great.best of all truck wll still perform as a daily driver.that should do high 12s,add some nos and mid 12s more maybe low 12s high 11s lower ..add propane and a lot more nos low 11s and high 10s.......you best see broncos post....

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I new if I through a little bait out a true pro would respond.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Getting in the 12s should be easy, or at least I'll know before the years out. Here is a simple plan that I'm fairly sure will get you in the 12s with low investment.

Suncoast or ATS trans, Tripple DIsc TC, Quad 215 Tuner, 4" Exhaust, AFE Stage 2, Wider tires (265 to 315), add NOS until you get the times your looking for. Remove the spare tire, tailgate, jack and accessories. No need to show up at the track with a full tank of fuel, but it won't make much difference. Lower the torsen bars and do a 4WD launch at 5psi. Launch at higher psi if you strengthen the tie-rods.

I know there are more things you can do, but thats after your in the 12s and thinking about the 11s.

e-locker, lift pump, stacking a module, pinion angle, etc.

JMO

·
Registered
464 Posts
How about a quad215 & 145HJ??

Of course with a trans, but wount that get you pretty close. It seems most guys are running that combo and are close to or in the 12's? I would like to get in the mid 13's and stay there for a while after I get a trans, it seems like that should be easy but expensive.

If the engine/driveline holds up I'll go for 12's. Just seems like alot of abuse pushing 7000lbs at that rate of acceleration!!
My truck only runs 14's and already has enough vibrations to scare me but others seem to have the same so we'll see about that. Still under Warr.

Jason

·
Registered
379 Posts
Before getting in the 13's you need the trans built the cheap way to go is buy a trans go shift kit then you need a converter.This is what I have done to my trans and seems to be holding up so far but many say not for long but they also said it wouldn't last to where I am at now.get a quad 215 edge hot juice 145 and 125 hp of nos and you can be very well into the 12's this is a pretty much a sure way to get there cause this is the exact way I did it but of course I spent some money buying different programmers and modules to see wich one's stacked the best with each other.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
sorry i left the quad out it will get you thier as well.been low 12s and high 11s with a quad and oj stack and some gases....

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hey guys... I did one 4x4 launch last thursday and got a 13.73 @ 99... If my truck's running this with the predator and juice, what do you all think I could expect with one of the more up to date programs?? Just curious...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.