·
Registered
339 Posts
You need one?

Truck on!!!:cool:

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Unless you are planning on racing your truck, I believe the LBZ will run and tow just fine WITHOUT any power enhancing chips or programmers. Chips and programmers will greatly increase the likelyhood of transmission and/or engine and driveline damage that will NOT be covered by the GM warranty. Unless you are willing to spend several hundred (maybe thousands) of dollars beefing up the transmission, torque converter, tie-rod sleeves, driveline, etc., you are taking a big risk in breaking some expensive part in your truck and the repairs will be on your nickle. You've already got 360 HP and 650 lb-ft of torque (Best in class). How much more power do you need?:eek:

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
You guys are :exactly: right....but, theres always that deeeeeep gut feeling wanting just a little bit more :D .

Im been considering one, im going to wait a little while longer and see what other companys are coming out with and what they have to offer. ALthough, i hate to risk warrenty and/or powertrain damage...but, if i do get one, it will stay on the lowest setting....:eek::

·
Registered
149 Posts
Truck is totally different when I pull my 45' 18,000# Toyhauler in Stock Mode vs. Performance...

Night and Day difference...Crusing at 70 in 6th gear on Performance is no problem...Can do it on Stock also, but you will be going into 5th for every single hill you hit...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
dmax06,

Correct me if I am wrong but you only have two choices the Bully Dog Power Pup and the Superchips Flashpaq are thew only two true programmers out for the LBZ! So far we have sold lots more Bully Dogs, but the Superchips has just arrived so they will likely catch up. The Superchips is web upgradeable and covers the LB7, LLY and the new LBZ all in one unit too! Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I'm currently waiting a bit to see what else comes out.......not ready to jump in yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm running the power pup for now, and it is working good. quite a bit of difference. It will roast the 35's on command. no issues so far.(i'm usually on performance mode and won't even try extreme)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
hey ratlover, i thought this truck was staying stock???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts