Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edge Juice

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just lookin for some input on the best option. I want more power but dont want to fry my tranny or motor! I dont do too much pullin. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Maybe you should put a disclaimer..... No info will go to the dealers!!

J/K everyone... hehehehee

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Right now, I'd have to say the Stealth is the best one out there. But the TST Powermax is a close 2nd. And the new Hot Juice with the incab monitor will be very hard to beat.

But when you factor in the price, The juice will lose points. I am sure they will have to be more competitive with price now that a dozen or more different choices are here.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike,

Thanks for the input! I just got done reading your "article". You answered so many of my questions in great detail. Thanks! Are you running the monster 4"? How do you like the sound and performance? Where did you get the G-tech? Got any pics?

P.S. by the way Great name!

Mike

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
bybycop said:
Mike,

Thanks for the input! I just got done reading your "article". You answered so many of my questions in great detail. Thanks! Are you running the monster 4"? How do you like the sound and performance? Where did you get the G-tech? Got any pics?

P.S. by the way Great name!

Mike

First of all, Thanks for the kind words about my article. And yes I have the banks monster exhaust with the ricer 5" tip. I also have the AFE stage II air filter kit. I love the sound of the exhaust along with the loud whistle of the turbo when I get in to it pretty good.

I don't have any picture of the G-Tech, but I can snap some tomorrow if that is what you want. If it is truck pictures. I have them, but I am cheap and won't pay for a web site to store them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet rig Mike! Have you checked out cardomain.com? Doesnt cost a dime to post pics. Ive been happy with them for all my posting. My truck before this was a cummins and between taking the baffel out of the turbo and the exhaust I could really hear that whistle. It seriously is one of the sweetest sounds! Cant wait to make my dmax do the same. Youve got me all the closer to ordering. The question is, do I wait and get the Attitude or go with the stealth? I found the juice/attitude combo for $668.

Im not to familiar with reflashing codes or any of that. Do I need to buy something that does that. Im so new to all this computerized stuff. I knew all the old mechanical hop ups on the 12 valve cummins but this stuff scares me. Any info is of great help!!!

Thanks,

Mike

You should definately post some pics of that truck!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I love the top, I use my truck as a big bad diesel power SUV now. They do not recommend removing it very much. And when you do, you must tie/clamp or in some other way control the hinge. As if the hinge opens while the top is off the truck the hydro cylinders will be destroyed.

I needed the bed covered to protect my work related papers (Blue prints for jobs) I had used the back seat, but it was a pain to remove and replace them every time I went somewhere with the family.

I have a dump trailer on the way, and I also have a flat trailer. So the need for the bed is pretty much gone for normal use.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I just got the Quad Stealth and those folks were great to work with! The tuner was very easy to use and the instructions were great. I just want to wait a bit longer before really testing the power, but I can tell already that it's there!

I also used it to calibrate for 315/17's and that was a snap!

So, guess which one got my vote!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2Damax,

Please keep me posted on how it goes. I was calling around yesturday to check prices. How much did you pay? How long did it take to ship? Did you get the 135?

Mike

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Mike,

I got the 110HP Tow Tuner and it has an optional 150HP for X dollars. I'm set at the 70HP tune for now! I saw it on ebay, it's there now at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=2431033419.

I spoke with Mark at Quadzilla to make sure the ebay deal was legitimate and he said it was, apparently a dealer. Quadzilla direct price was $445 plus shipping and the ebay deal was $425.00 and free shipping. What would you do?

2DAMAX

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you feel a real differance in the 70 hp setting? I wanna get that same deal but everyone said get the 135. Ya think I really need it? U got an exhaust yet? Mines going on tomorow. Cant wait to see how it sounds. How do you get the 150 setting?

Thanks

Mike

Is it worth the extra $125 for the 25hp?Edited by: bybycop

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
bybycop said:
Do you feel a real differance in the 70 hp setting? I wanna get that same deal but everyone said get the 135. Ya think I really need it? U got an exhaust yet? Mines going on tomorow. Cant wait to see how it sounds. How do you get the 150 setting?

Thanks

Mike

Is it worth the extra $125 for the 25hp?

Tell ya what, cannot comment on the Quad,...... not yet anyway, but......

90HP/ juice to 125HP juice which is actually 137-140HP more is worth every penny.

Better to buy it now then wish you had it later.

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know youre right. Im just trying to stretch my pennies as far as they can go. Thanks Tony, make me blow all my hard earned money!

Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts