Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If there is anyone out there with some real good advice or who wants to explain the options between the different choices Im sure a ton of people would really appriciate it. You can tell by the number of hits that this is a subject that a lot of people are wondering about. Thats actually what got me on this site, wanted to turn to the pro's to find out whats the best option. For me this is a big decision and I want to know that I made the right choice. If I just want some extra power and dont want to hurt my engine plus I need to recalibrate my tire size what is the best option?

Thanks inadvance for your help!

Mike

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
bybycop said:
If there is anyone out there with some real good advice or who wants to explain the options between the different choices Im sure a ton of people would really appriciate it. You can tell by the number of hits that this is a subject that a lot of people are wondering about. Thats actually what got me on this site, wanted to turn to the pro's to find out whats the best option. For me this is a big decision and I want to know that I made the right choice. If I just want some extra power and dont want to hurt my engine plus I need to recalibrate my tire size what is the best option?

Thanks inadvance for your help!

Mike

Uhhmmm,

How soon do you want to buy a tranny, then I'll answer your question.

GMC

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
bybycop said:
Exactly! Thats the problem, I dont want to for at least a couple years plus i dont want to void my warranty. I know "outa sight outa mind" so which is easiest to take out?

Thanks Tony,

Mike

bybycop,

Not to take anything away from EDGE 'cause I love the HOT OJ, but I have heard that the new Quadzilla tuner has got comparable HP, features you are looking for like reflash for tires etc. and is a loader meaning it reflashes the ECM like a Predator does.

Juice and Hot Juice are CAN-BUS plug ins meaning they plug into the harness for the engine, no ECM reflash with that set-up.

IN the long run with the Attitude controller from Edge it's a tough one to pick.

Keep the tunes lower and the tranny will last. Under 90hp shouldn't be too hard on the tranny long term.

I will be getting a Quadzilla soon, waiting for the right price.........

GMC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=2430929053

BD Rebadged Tuner--------looks like Quads
Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Now your really confusing me!
Just kidding, havent heard much about the bully dog? How does it compare to the Quadlizza? Your info was of great help. Still trying to decide.

When you coming to Vegas?

Mike

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
" When you coming to Vegas? "

I will be there for 1 or 2 weeks in late April 2004. Probably fly in on Wed 4/28 ? or Thurs 4/29 ? and will stay at Venetian or Belagio till Saturday, then to my condo outside the strip for a week.

5/01-5/09 and then maybe a for few more days after that.

GMC

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
South end heading towards Red Rock Canyon.

7 miles off the strip.

GMC

Not a high roller just a hard worker ...........Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
170 Posts
I too would like hear some suggestions for boxes. I don't want to damage the tranny, or do a whole bunch of mods to strengthen the drivetrain. Right now I just want to add as much punch as I can and still be safe.

·
Registered
941 Posts
From all the reading I have done, 90hp is considered safe for the tranny. I have yet to limp on the 90hp level with my regular juice. I haven't been keeping up with all the boxes since I got mine, so I have no clue what else is out there.

Hope this helps some...

Bob

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
4x4man,

Edge has programmed thier box to talk with the Allison TCM and in the event of a tranny slip the Edge backs down on the power.

On another note if you stack a pressure type box or a tuner program like the Predator with the Juice - REG or HOT it seems to defeat the defueling and will cause a P0700 DTC code also known as a Transmission Malfuction .

That code can only be reset by the TECH II Scanner, I know cause I have a few stored now in my TCM and cannot be reset by The Predator.

GMC.

However a trip to FL in December and a stop over at SunCoast should prevent that code from re-appearing.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I like the Juice.

It was the first power mod I have done and in CT we have almost every combo dyno'd so we know what is what as far as HP/TQ.

I have seen my truck go from 249 HP/ 422 TQ stock to 387 HP/ 721 TQ on HOT Juice only.

Same Hot Juice stacked with the 40HP Predator tune yielded 408 HP/ 742 TQ.

Same Hot Juice stacked with the 60HP Predator tune yielded 412 HP/ 755 TQ.

Same Hot Juice stacked with the 40HP Predator and the VA pressure box tune yielded 435 HP/ 774 TQ.

Same Hot Juice stacked with the 60HP Predator and the VA pressure box tune yielded 429 HP/ 785 TQ.

VA Box all by itself yielded 301 HP / 523 TQ

I know I was slipping the tranny on the Dyno, we could see the TECH II showing 3120 rpm input and 2800 rpm output with the TECH II commanding 4th gear lock and TCC lock.

GMC

The new Predator tunes are coming out next week I heard and have them hopefully on the way.

The Quadzilla has not been on a dyno here yet but am hoping to get a loaner or buy one for the next dyno day in CT.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Yes,

The Attitude is reported to be a G-Tech type tool.

As far as I know it will display the corrected speed but will not alter the speedo in the dash as the Quad and Predator will.

The Predator is also a Scan Tool - DTC code reader and will reset all ECM codes.

It also allows real time data monitoring such as injector balance , TPS , boost, MAP, MAF etc. The display is larger than a Quadzilla/BD and it seems to be decent.

When I get the new tunes for the Predator I will update everyone, hopefully before the next CT Dyno Day III.

GMC

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax said:
Waiting for someone to buy a Quad tuner so I can get some first hand data.

http://www.quadzillapower.com/duramax.htm

GMC

I posted a very long write up about the Predator and Stealth. What do you want to know? Other then wanting to take mine, I'll help you out. Hell I will even let you install it on your truck if you stop by.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts