Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new the the Duramax and have been trying to do my homework on what performance upgrades to do and what if any will not void my warranty. Anyone know about the Banks Stinger package or hypertech?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have had really good luck with the regular Juice. Lots of extra power when towing, which is what I wanted/needed. As far as the warranty, it is a don't ask don't tell thing, unless you find a good dealer that doesn't mind...mine does, right down to looking for the velcro strips!!

Bob

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
<DIV>

I recommend Edge products great customer service and very reliable product ..

Edge is the ONLY tuner that I know of that monitors as the stock TCM does tranny slippage in order to preserve life ... This alone makes it worth it in my book ...

Soon they will be releasing an in the cab controller that will double as a G-tec,and gauges as in egt and boost, and on the fly setting changes ...

If your a true bomber the power will come down the road ...

Mac
</DIV>Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
bybycop - I had a Banks Stinger on my truck, and have since put it up for sale. It worked great, zero problems. decent power, lots down low. however it definately won't win if you're going for MAX HP (like some guy with a strip layin' black doooole). However, if you just want some very safe power (it won't let you over-temp the motor) that works geat for towing then its a good idea.

If you want power, listen to Mackin... then again, he eats tranny's for breakfast too.

I also like the predator, because as well as increasing power, it functions as a OBDII scan tool, can adjust for larger tires/raise speed limiter, and its cheaper.

however the Juice is a fine product.. as a matter of fact some juice guys will probably try and spank my predator this weekend at the Sacramento get together.. heheh

·
Registered
79 Posts
My dealer says any "chips or programmers" will void the warranty. So I take off the Juice when the truck goes in for service. On the other hand, a dealer 30 miles away installed a Juice on my friends truck and told him "not to worry about warranty issues".

Regards,

Lee

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hey diesel power thanks for answering my question. I would like to get the predator so I can also change my tire size. Do I need to worry about it over heating my engine? Do you have the Monster exhaust? Do you like the way it sounds? Any problems with bolting it on?

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
the predator can be had from James @ www.runninwiththedevil.com. if i were buying ANY type of power box/programmer i would get gauges.. just to be safe! i do have the monster exhaust. i love the sound and the construction is first rate. i've installed it on 3 trucks and it fit perfect every time.

Nick

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im sold. Im ording the Monster tomorow! Now i just need to decide what chip/ programmer to get. The reason I am considering the stinger kit is cause it already comes with gauges and waste gate. What is an alternative for gauges and how important is the waste gate control?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have owned and ran the Hot Juice for many months and have been quite happy with it. I recently purchased the Quadzilla Stealth Tuner, 135 HP model and conducted some side-by-side testing (if you know what I mean) with another Duramax...one with the Quad in 135 HP level and Hot Juice in 125 HP level. They are very, very close in performance with no clear winner over the other.

I like some of the features of the Quad such as code reading and resetting, tire size speedo correction and speed/rpm limiter eliminator.

I too, and interested in the Edge controller when it is released.

I recently towed with the Quad and it does a great job and EGTs were easily under 1100 degrees the entire pull.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
bybycop said:
Thanks for the link 02Dmax! Just checkin out your pics, nice truck! Any words of advice for installing the monster exhaust?
The Banks is very easy to install .... I installed mine right in my driveway with a good floor jack ..... I was able to remove in two pieces, unbolted at the flange and of course at the downpipe V clamp ....

Remove the Right (passenger) shock for clearance over the rear differential .....

Once the shock is removed use a block on the jack saddle to raise right corner of truck to give maximum clearance between body and rear axle .... You do not need the wheel (s) off the ground ... The rear portion of the exhaust will come forward over the differential ...

Use some soapy water or WD40 on the rubber hangers for ease of removal. They can be stubborn ...

Install the Banks according to instructions given with the kit ...

Mac

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Guys. How critical is it to have an exhaust and guages when you are running Juice?? I would like to slap one in the Dmax, but am also going to be hard-pressed for $$ going to WASSU and having a new truck. Could I still run it, and keep it at a lower tune and maybe off for towing, and be safe??

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
bowtiebob said:
Hey Guys. How critical is it to have an exhaust and guages when you are running Juice?? I would like to slap one in the Dmax, but am also going to be hard-pressed for $$ going to WASSU and having a new truck. Could I still run it, and keep it at a lower tune and maybe off for towing, and be safe??

I have BURIED the 1600 degree gauge on my truck...............IMHO running gauges are a must.

Gauges....Exhaust....Air Intake and then you'll take full advantage of the power mod.

Believe me the temptation is too great to push once you have the power available, Me and my "virgin tranny" know all about it.

P0700 DTC code is well worn onto my TCM.........

GMC

1 - 20 of 68 Posts