Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new '06 LBZ Crew cab has a descent stereo with On-star, XM, and Steering Wheel controls (nice feature), but is in serious need of something added to it. I could not get the stock BOSE upgrade AND get a bench seat since the stock BOSE amp is installed into the front console on trucks with front Buckets:(

I'm contemplating adding an amp under the rear seat powering a pair of 10's in boxes behind the rear seat. I'm not sure how to get the "RCA IN" for the AMP or to get power to the AMP. Also curious if someone has found a nice turn-key box that fits well behind the rear seat. If not, I'll have one custom built.

I just hate to replace the head unit and loose any of the functionality that I have today like the steering wheel controls, On-Star, and XM. The stock speakers definately distort quickly so perhaps I can just simply upgrade the stock front speakers with a higher quality speaker? Guess I should somehow throw some more power behind those too.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
All you need is a line output converter. It connects some of the speaker wires to this rca converter.

I've found running a amp and a sub is all you need to increase the sound quality of the entire system. You just need to turn the bass control down a bit, not all the way otherwise some of the mid range sound will get messed up. The the majority of the bass will come from the sub.

I've personally never used one of these converters, but i've heard they don't compare to the real thing.

Here is just an example http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6G4dvMDglEO/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=721&I=142SLC4

·
Registered
120 Posts
Go to JPcustoms.com. and they have a bose amp that connects to the stock radio im not sure how well it works but I know they have it

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yep. Amp(s) and a sub and u b rockin'...:ro)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was in the same situation,needed front bench- Crutchfield has adaptors for rca outputs- I have a 10" under the rear seat-It's definitely an improvement. Another option is to buy the loaded mtx for behind the rear seat. I added Boston acoustics to the front definitely better sounding than factory.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Go to JPcustoms.com. and they have a bose amp that connects to the stock radio im not sure how well it works but I know they have it
thats not just a plug and play amp...

you have to have the Bose speakers, amp, wiring, sub, and a compatible Bose head unit as well.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
as far as an adapter to get RCA's, the PAC AOEM-GM24 works very well and gives much better quality sound than a standard LOC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pac Aoem-gm24

as far as an adapter to get RCA's, the PAC AOEM-GM24 works very well and gives much better quality sound than a standard LOC.

This looks like the way to go. Any idea if this will work in my truck since I don't have a BOSE AMP? It looks like this goes in-line with the Head-unit and the BOSE AMP. Thank you all for all the info.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
The PAC AOEM-GM24 is for both non-Bose and Bose systems...I think it says so on the PAC website..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts