Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what aftermarket brakes i should buy?? i have 35 inch tires and i deff. need a different brake setup, but i just dont know if i should go to bigger rotor and pads or just get same size but slotted / vented and better pads... and along with that what brand is prefered. i basically want the most bang for my buck, like anyone else on here.

this is the first truck i am modding out. but i have modded out bikes and four wheelers and i always seemed that slotted rotor with more pistons on the caliper worked well, but then again they werent towing/hauling anything besides the riders weight.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one???

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Do you tow or haul? If not a pad switch is really all you need. If your not going to be dissipating a lot more heat, there's no need for the slotted or drilled rotors. With the larger tires you need pads that have more bite because you are turning fewer tire revs for the same distance covered.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DEWFPO;1604073; said:
Do you tow or haul? If not a pad switch is really all you need. If your not going to be dissipating a lot more heat, there's no need for the slotted or drilled rotors. With the larger tires you need pads that have more bite because you are turning fewer tire revs for the same distance covered.

DEWFPO

ya i will tow and haul, but only four wheelers is the heaviest i will probably go as planned as of right now. THanks for the help!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i do plan on staying at 16", but does wilwood make a smaller version??

Nice setup by the way!!

tbyrne;1605377; said:
Are you going to keep the 16" wheels or possibly go with something larger? I run the Wilwood package but the rotors are 16" :)

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Another option is cryo'd Power Slots with aftermarket pads. SSBC also has an aftermarket setup that they advertise as fitting behind stock 16" rims...anyone out there have the SSBC with stock rims?...any problems?(besides being expensive)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I Have SSBC.After bolting the rims back on the truck went 20 ft and stoped.The inside of the stock rim was contacting the pretty red aluminum caliper.It took out a little of the aluminum off of the contact point.(Ishould have checked,But I wanted to play)I had to put on a 1/4 inch spacer to clear the caliper.I have a 04 3500 with the full set up from SSBC.I pull bobcats and other big weights.THESE BRAKES ARE GREAT!(in my humble opinion)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.