Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Juice for a while now but haven't had much time to play. Here's what I've gotten, and I'm just wondering how it compared to everyone else.

Did anyone ever find out if the Attitude starts counting when the accelerator is pressed, or when the truck starts moving? A friend of mine has a G-Tech, I would like to compare the times.

4wd, tow haul, level 5, slight boost launch: 7.2 secs
2wd, level 4, moderate boost launch: 6.9 secs
2wd, level 4, no boost launch: 6.7 secs (3 times in a row)

I didn't try level 5 in 2wd yet, it went to limp mode once when I was messing around with it in 4wd.

Is 6.7 in the ball park? What would I expect to gain with a tranny upgrade?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Those numbers seem slow to me. I don't have a Juice/Attitude, but I think the other 0-60 times for your setup are closer to 6 seconds flat. I've got the six-gun w/speedloader and it runs 6.9, and that's more of a tow than race box.

·
Registered
141 Posts
With the Hot-Juice Attitude combo I was able to run in the low 6's in level 4 and have a best of 5.8 in level 5 with just hitting the throttle on launch. I think a lot of differences in times are due to the elements (heat, temp, humidity), surface grip and tires. Some with larger rubber are not getting good times either. I'm running 265's right now and am defueling between all shifts with the Attitude.

I found a road that I do all my 0-6 runs at so they are consistent. I generally try to do them early in the am so the temps are cool, generally below 70 degrees.

I think I'm about at thel limit unitl I go the Suncoast route in the near future.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I only ran 1 run and got 7.2 0-60. thie was in 2wd with 265 tires and defuel on all shifts. The temps were 55-60. no spin off the line, so why is my truck so slow?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you do 3 or 4 runs, your time will get a little better. The alli learns your driving style, so if you've been driving "normal" then try to run it my seems a little sluggish. After a couple full power passes it seems to get with the program. The defuel all shifts probably isn't helping your time either.

I called Edge about when the timer starts. It starts when the truck starts moving. You can build boost and lauch with out is starting to count. But, if you end up power braking, it starts counting when the wheels start turning. Time for me to play a little more.

·
Registered
229 Posts
ok im new at this when you are talkin about the Juice is this the edge box? and i seen you guys said somthing about level 1,2,3,4 and5 what can you chage your setings?

·
Registered
178 Posts
They are talking about the Edge Juice. An optional (or required in our case
) item to accomidate the Juice is called Attitude. It is a controller and guages all in one compact unit. With the Attitude unit you will have power levels 1-5 and be adjustable on the fly. More info can be found at http://www.edgeproductsinc.com/chevy_duramax.html

Later,

Wes

·
Registered
229 Posts
ok crawler you let me make sure i understand you right the Juice is for in side your truck and you said we would have to have that so i cant just buy the box that gos under the hood?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You can buy just the juice box it self (which is the part that goes under the hood) with out the attitude controller, but believe me, the attitude is nice to have.

BTW, my best 0-60 is 5.8. 2wd, level 4, 1000rpm launch.Edited by: 1bad01

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Juice is the power enhancement box. It goes under the hood.

The Attitute is a separate controller that is installed in the cab to control extra functions, power levels, and monitor vitals. This is in addition to the Juice box.

The Juice is the required part, the Attitude is optional but highly recomended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts