Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I just need to find a LUX amp and have it reprogrammed to a Escalade EXT and then have my HU reprogrammed to LUX. Swap out the amps and I am good or is there more to it?

I tried searching but everything I found is for LUX NAV.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
845 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, I saw that thread but with so many pages and it being catered to the Nav unit it is confusing to say the least.

I did some more reading in the DIY section and I guess you need to do some rewiring to the amp also.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
amp, reprogram the head unit, and program the amp to EXT if it isn't a hummer amp.. if a hummer amp don't reprogram or you will probably kill it.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Your post is exactly what you have to do. Reprogram the head unit first, swap the amps (because hooking a non-LUX head unit to a LUX amp is very bad for the amp) and then, if you used a new amp, reprogram it to Escalade EXT (for crewcabs)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats the going price for a used one? new one?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
There's (was ) a used one on the market place board, think new ones are available from JP customs - a vendor on the board. You can check prices at their place for a new one. You can find them on Ebay once in a while, but they don't sell very cheap. Want to make sure it isn't a Hummer amp if you want to program it and make sure it's from someone reputable where ever you buy it, don't want one someone else has screwed up programming. check out the part numbers on the DIY thread for the different amps. Hummer amp works fine as long as you don't try to reprogram it from what I have read on the board here.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, $425 at jpcustoms, wonder if I will be happier upgrading to the LUX amp or putting a box behind the seat with a 10. I had read that the bass is much better with the LUX amp, has this been your guys' experience?

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
srode;1626445; said:
There's (was ) a used one on the market place board, think new ones are available from JP customs - a vendor on the board. You can check prices at their place for a new one. You can find them on Ebay once in a while, but they don't sell very cheap. Want to make sure it isn't a Hummer amp if you want to program it and make sure it's from someone reputable where ever you buy it, don't want one someone else has screwed up programming. check out the part numbers on the DIY thread for the different amps. Hummer amp works fine as long as you don't try to reprogram it from what I have read on the board here.

Hmm..I wonder who was selling (sold) that? :cool:

Stay away from the 15177435 amps...

·
Registered
845 Posts
JMann2380;1626449; said:
Hmm, $425 at jpcustoms, wonder if I will be happier upgrading to the LUX amp or putting a box behind the seat with a 10. I had read that the bass is much better with the LUX amp, has this been your guys' experience?
Overall the sound is much better with the LUX amp, and the bass is better but nothing to write home about.

I will eventually add a 10 or 12" sub to my LUX system. Then, I think it will be perfect for me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn, I keep looking at all these Nav lux installs and thinking I might just go for broke and do that....crap, its only money right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.