Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 GMC LBZ 2500HD and i love it so far. The only thing is that it is too quite so i want exhaust. My dad has a 2007 lbz and he put banks 4 inch cat back exhaust on it and it sounds ok, but i want 5 inch turbo back, but he wont let me cause of warrentee. i have been looking online for exhaust systems but dont know what is good. im just looking for a stainless steel 5 nich manderal bent cat-back system, what would be the best for my truck? or is it possible to get a new down pipe and 5 inch into the stock cat then the system out the back? im still kind of a newbie in the diesel world so any help is great thanks.
jimmy

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Take a look at the MBRP kits. They fit great and will give you the sound you are looking for. The muffler is very small with little room for packing material so it sounds more aggressive than most 5" kits out there. Check our site for more info and pricing. Dont forget to add the discount code for being a DP member!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
How did you read that?? LOL:eek:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here, how is this?

I have a 2006 GMC LBZ 2500HD and i love it so far. The only thing is that it is too quite so i want exhaust. My dad has a 2007 lbz and he put banks 4 inch cat back exhaust on it and it sounds ok, but i want 5 inch turbo back, but he wont let me cause of warrentee. i have been looking online for exhaust systems but dont know what is good. im just looking for a stainless steel 5 nich manderal bent cat-back system, what would be the best for my truck? or is it possible to get a new down pipe and 5 inch into the stock cat then the system out the back? im still kind of a newbie in the diesel world so any help is great thanks.
jimmy

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does MBRP have a stainless 5" cat-back system, or only the alluminized?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Magnaflow has a stainless system with a mostly 5" cat-delete pipe.

·
Registered
497 Posts
yea man you'll be ok on warranty with mbrp's 5' inch catback plus BIG 'O' 6 inch chrome tip looks real good. thats wat i had till this week an i jus killed the kitty with new down tube and truck really does breath better. you be fine either way more likely. goodluck

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i looked at the magnaflows, but i couldnt find a system for the ext cab reg. bed with 5" stainless cat back. does anyone make a 5" stainless cat back without a muffler? or do i have to buy a muffler delete pipe?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a reg cab longbed and im going with a catback 5" MBRP, that i will have to cut shorter.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i have the 5" mbrp cat back and sounds good, isnt as loud as i thought it would be, i plan on buying the cat delete/down pipe which should open it up more, and this way i can put the stock pipe on to get emissions done. mbrp sells a muffler delete pipe as well so you can always do that as well, kind of wish i would have...mayb later on. mbrp is only aluminized for now, no stainless system is offered yet.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alright sounds good, well not yet, i want to do the cat delete pipe also. how hard would it to put the cat back in after you drive around for a year or so with the new exhasut on it? rust and corrotion gonna be a problem?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.