almost done ... move in late april early may

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Ummmm..........where are the trees???? :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
10 min from the strip :eek:

I hope you have a guest room for us, if we happen to be in the neighborhood. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
what $386,000 buys you in vegas

Is that suppose to be a lot......or not much?

Ummmm..........where are the trees???? :)
I think you were looking at them...............................................................................................................................................................only thing, they have been sawed for lumber):h

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
what $386,000 buys you in vegas

Is that suppose to be a lot......or not much?

I think you were looking at them...............................................................................................................................................................only thing, they have been sawed for lumber):h
actually that is pretty cheap for a brand new home-double that or triple in socal-

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I was thinking about moving to Vegas but the housing prices are getting out of control like the rest of the country.

How big is the lot ?

Nice looking house though.

If I come to visit again can I stay over ? :)

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Congrats on the new house...Man the cost of living out West is too rich for my blood...

I used to be able to reply...look what $150k bought me(3300 sq ft. on an acre) but Katrina wiped out so many houses around here I can sell for almost $400k...they are getting $250k for those prefabs down the street a mile or so from me ...they used to be $110k (on a 100x100 lot)

Hey Otis...Frank Davis just moved in down the street from me...

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
wow, building code is totally different out there. Here in CT, we've got to dig footings 42" below grade. My first reaction was:eek: when I saw the forms:D . Then it occured to me that frost isn't such an issue in Vegas.

Congrats and good luck with it.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
wow, building code is totally different out there. Here in CT, we've got to dig footings 42" below grade. My first reaction was:eek: when I saw the forms:D . Then it occured to me that frost isn't such an issue in Vegas.

Congrats and good luck with it.

Ya probablly not too much hard frost to deal with out there.

No basement though, I wonder if the water table is high or if there is some other reason, seems like a cool basement in the summer would be a nice spot to relax and have a beer while your on the computer.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
First off you can't tell if that is Pex or copper piping. The red and blue covering is called poly sleeve. You use it any time you penetrate the slab. It is used to protect the copper and form an expansition area. If you have hard water or well water the pex piping will out last the copper by 50 fold. We have areas where plumbers have put the copper piping in and it hasn't lasted 5years, due to the aggressive water. We then go in and replace it with "Cross Link Polyethene Pipe" or Pex as it is normally called. I don't put the copper piping under the slabs anymore due to this condition and liability risks. The Pex you can put right in the cement without any sleeving. They use it alot for radiant floor heating back East.
Greg

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Ya probablly not too much hard frost to deal with out there.

No basement though, I wonder if the water table is high or if there is some other reason, seems like a cool basement in the summer would be a nice spot to relax and have a beer while your on the computer.

It's called Caliche, very hard digging and very expensive to dig a basement. They are almost non-existent here in Vegas.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
copper is tried and true its pex if it was copper it would be straight up you pay all that lute for a house and they put in pex anyways its a nice house im not bashin just giving my opinion

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Not bashing anything either Rex. The copper is whats called soft tempered. It comes in 60' round roles. It makes it much easier to install. You don't put in the rigid type under the slab. The building code also does not allow any joints under the concrete slab unless they are silver soldered. This also takes ALOT longer for installation.
The pex is acutally quieter and has a better R-value, which is a heat retention value. Pex has been around for over 30 years.
Greg

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
im a licensed master plumber you should join the trade sure pex has been around for over 30 years and i cant count how many pex fittings that ive reparied not sayin copper dosnt have its downfalls but thats all ill ever use anyways hots on the left cold is on the right

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
It's called Caliche, very hard digging and very expensive to dig a basement. They are almost non-existent here in Vegas.

Hmmm looks decieving, looks almost like nice bank run gravel from around here.

A few sticks of dynamite would make a nice hole :D or maybe a nice CAT 330 would work too.

At least the mason's don't have to spend a lot of money on forms, just a few sheets of plywood ripped down.

Out here almost every house has a basement even if you have to blast thru the rock to get one in.

But then again some of the newer devolepments I see going in are on slab.

I need a basement to store all my stuff in, but then again after a while I forget whats down there anyway.:exactly:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts