Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new around here but I've noticed that tons of people are talking about their juice and attitude boxes. I run a banks power pack that includes the big head waste gate, monster 4" exhaust, six gun, speed loader, k&n filter and gauges and I love it!!!. I have been running around northern colorado for a few months now and have yet to have a diesel give me a good run. (have'nt run into a ATS truck yet
) So what gives? is the juice better? banks claims the highest HP & torque gains in the industry and has tons of fail safes to fall back on. Can someone please tell me which is better and why.

Thanks,

Wade

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way the horse power is supposed to be +155 and +385 on torque with the speed loader. as far as I can tell that beats the pants off the juice. But I can't argue with mtomac and his red dmax running 11.99 with the juice and drugs. but I don't know anyone that has run the banks on the track, including myself. Anyone out there that can post some times with the banks kit?

·
Registered
429 Posts
IBDMAX'IN

Are you sure you've run against DMax's with the Juice/Attitude?

Josh

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Not against a stacked Max for sure.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
IBDMAX'IN said:
By the way the horse power is supposed to be +155 and +385 on torque with the speed loader. as far as I can tell that beats the pants off the juice. But I can't argue with mtomac and his red dmax running 11.99 with the juice and drugs. but I don't know anyone that has run the banks on the track, including myself. Anyone out there that can post some times with the banks kit?

You won't run those numbers for long with a stock transmission. Not long at all.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The 6-Gun waste gate bla bla freaken bla! will not run with very many moded Duramax trucks. I would say that the only Duramax trucks you've out run is stock, loaded, or ones towing.

Everything I have read about 0-60 and 1/4 miles times shows that the Banks setup will be out run from any steed to any speed.

Heck even Banks them selves claim very slow times. Where is all that power/torque going?

It is good that you have out run every Duramax that you have come up against, because your days are numbered. I am not calling you out, nor am I trying to be a dick. I am just calling a spade a spade plain and simple!

The Banks setup will not out run the Predator, or the Stealth, or the Juice/Attitude let a lone the Hot version, or the Powermax, or TTS, or PowerPup, or a host of others.Edited by: hdmax

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
HDMAX,

You need to get off the drugs and get back to work.

Seriously though the numbers Banks publishes are at very specific RPM's rather than at peak. So in actuallality they produce only approx. 90 HP over peak stock and 280 TQ over peak stock TQ.

The EDGE w/ATTITUDE can run a 0-60 in 6-7 seconds and a 1/4 mile in 14-15 seconds.

The Banks would be more like 0-60 in 8 seconds and 1/4 mile in 15.0 to 16 seconds.

At 5500 feet and higher elevation the performance differneces would probally be less noticable.

Unless you have a built tranny, anything over 90-110 HP will come back to haunt you in the long run so therefore the extra power is some what useless anyways.

With that said there is an alwful lot of proud EDGE owners here at the site. It must be one damn good product.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
1. welcome

2. "By the way the horse power is supposed to be +155 and +385 on torque with the speed loader. as far as I can tell that beats the pants off the juice." DON'T KID YOURSELF

3. do a little searh and read something more than banks hype.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Bronco said:
HDMAX,

You need to get off the drugs and get back to work.

Not all of us have to be sane to know the truth!

Seriously though the numbers Banks publishes are at very specific RPM's rather than at peak. So in actuallality they produce only approx. 90 HP over peak stock and 280 TQ over peak stock TQ.

Please show me where the Banks 6-Gun/Speed loader put down 280 FT LB torque.

The EDGE w/ATTITUDE can run a 0-60 in 6-7 seconds and a 1/4 mile in 14-15 seconds.

The Banks would be more like 0-60 in 8 seconds and 1/4 mile in 15.0 to 16 seconds.

You are accepting defeat, and don`t even realize it

At 5500 feet and higher elevation the performance differneces would probally be less noticable.

So in the clouds where you currently reside, you may beat the Juice/Attitude

Unless you have a built tranny, anything over 90-110 HP will come back to haunt you in the long run so therefore the extra power is some what useless anyways.

Keep telling yourself that as you get beat over and over

With that said there is an alwful lot of proud EDGE owners here at the site. It must be one damn good product.

There is more out there then the Juice

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The banks six-gun w/loader had a peak gain of 111hp and 267tq at 2800rpm. The best gain is very close to their claim of 155hp and 385tq at 1900rpm. I ran a best of 6.9 0-60 and 15.25 in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bronco
I wish you would make up your mind which product to buy before:

A)Your truck is outdated, wore out, and you need a new one!
or
B)You wear your keyboard/PC out posting second hand info!

I seem to remember a previous post that JK asked you which products you have first hand knowledge of and your response was nothing more than a sarcastic attemp to undermine JK's credability. Just buy the 6 pack it sounds perfect for your application, then do the rest of us a favor and please stop posting your second hand gospel. The initial instances were tolerable, now it's just plain OLD! Don't mean to flame on you but it seems you refuse to accept any product other than Banks. Buy something, test it and report YOUR findings, maybe you will believe yourself!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
RaceHemi said:
Bronco
I wish you would make up your mind which product to buy before:

A)Your truck is outdated, wore out, and you need a new one!
The only thing that will wear out my truck is undertested over rated after market products.
B)You wear your keyboard/PC out posting second hand info!

I just bought a new keyboard and I believe anything past that what GM/Isusu engineers already learned about our trucks is second hand info.

I seem to remember a previous post that JK asked you which products you have first hand knowledge of and your response was nothing more than a sarcastic attemp to undermine JK's credability.

I have never attempted to undermine JK's credabillaty but rather to put him in a more honest light. There are no experts on this site. Only salesman. The experts are out getting er done.

Just buy the 6 pack it sounds perfect for your application, then do the rest of us a favor and please stop posting your second hand gospel.

If I wanted a 6-pack I would buy Odells 90 Shilling.

The initial instances were tolerable, now it's just plain OLD! Don't mean to flame on you but it seems you refuse to accept any product other than Banks.

The only product I tought from Banks is there exaust, plain and simple. And at that I give a very honest description including the slight droan from 1675 to 1725 RPM. Dont say that you did not mean to flame on me. We all no better.

Buy something, test it and report YOUR findings, maybe you will believe yourself!

Even If I reported the findings there will always be some numskull such as your self that will harass me for postin the truth. It really does not matter. I have been readin post on here for months and there has been very little information about anyone or anything that is accepted as truth or common knowledge. Somebody always has something to say. This PLACE is just a substitue for my morning comic strip. Take a chill pill. Go post under your other screen name now.
Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Bronco said:
There are no experts on this site. The experts are out getting er done.

If you believe that statement, you are in trouble my friend!

We all have something to learn, on the other hand we all have something to give. Yes; even you
just tugging on your chain

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bronco
Truth is, if your truck did not run the numbers stated above then you are posting second hand information. That is not a bash, flame, or harassment but a fact. I appologize if I am wrong but other than the Banks exhaust you do not own a power adder, however, if you do, then please post the results with as many details as possible for all to review.

From one numskull to another, over and out!

Now where did I put that other ID???????

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Ya know what....Bronco is right, sort'a. Yes the Bank's 6-pisser is good for the TQ and it's good for the HP....sort'a. Banks' "locked out" the tranny and locked up the TQ for thier tests, that's something we are unable to do with our stock or programed trucks. So I guess you could cheer Banks, Banks, Banks untill you had it on a stock truck or even a truck with a way cool SunCoast and found out that "usable power" lurked only above 1,500 RPM and that a "peak to peak" was unattainable with said transmission set-up.

Bronco.... I hate to break it to ya but, the Banks system will not deliver the numbers with a stock or modified truck that I know of. I have never seen a truck pull a hill in 4th gear, with a load, @ 900 RPM and not downshift....have you? The Allison is designed to upshift, even after trans mods it's designed to upshift. ......... Think of it this way----> Take a clutch and spin it @ 2,000 RPM with 1,000 ft lbs of TQ applied. Then apply a load to the clutch or system. The load will most likely slow the 2,000 RPM "before" the clutch slips. However, if the clutch was @ 900 RPM with 1,000 ft lbs of TQ and a load was applied, the clutch would most likely slip before the TQ was lost to RPM loss.

Yes, I am for going surface area and hitting right at rotional mass

Burner-------------->

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
You idiots really need to reread my post. I stated the Banks numbers were decieving. I just did it politely. I stated the Edge Juice was one second quicker. I basically said the six-gun was slow. I also said the Edge must be one damn good product . BTW I have tried it plenty.

Whats wrong with you EDGE freaks? I really think the FCC needs to investigate. Maybe it is more than nextel and cb's that are getting interference from the attitude monitor.
Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It's okay Bronco, one day you will tell us all what the best possible power adder is for our trucks and we will all be able to go out there to get it done.

WFE

So are the EDGE owners idiots or freaks? When you tried the EDGE which did you feel like? Either way I am sure it was a break from that normal day-to-day retarded feeling.

·
Registered
124 Posts
been gone for 7 weeks and you guys are still at it. I have run both and towed with both and all i can say is those of you who have not tryed both have no room to say anything. if you dont try it youll never know what you may or may not have been missin. instead of talkin get some bigger ba**s and try it .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts